There are schools offering education degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Education Programs in Iowa
Luther College, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a education program. It is located in Decorah. 34 students graduated with a degree in education from Luther College in 2010. Luther College charged in-state students $33,480 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa that has a education program is Cornell College. Cornell College, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Mount Vernon. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Cornell College education program. The tuition rate at Cornell College was $31,050 per year.
Coe College, which is located in Cedar Rapids, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a education program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Coe College education program. The tuition rate at Coe College was $30,860 per year.
Tuition at Iowa's education schools ranges from $33,480 per year to $3,120 per year. But, the average tuition is $20,560 per year. In 2010, the following Iowa education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Luther College - located in Decorah, students are charged $33,480 per year
- Cornell College - located in Mount Vernon, students are charged $31,050 per year
- Coe College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $30,860 per year
The following Iowa education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
An education degree from an Iowa school... what next?
education graduates in Iowa can go into a variety of professions such as postsecondary vocational teacher, social science teacher, postsecondary teacher, elementary school teacher, and business teacher. Iowa had 39,600 education professionals in 2010. 1,150 of these education professionals were instructional coordinators, 1,230 were postsecondary vocational teachers, and 130 were social science teachers. The largest populations of Iowa education professional are working in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 6,080 education professionals
- Appanoose County - 5,940 education professionals
- Buena Vista County - 4,880 education professionals
The government projects that the number of education professionals in Iowa will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 42,540 education professionals working in Iowa. The greatest growth for education professional is predicted to be amongst Education Administrators, who are expected to increase by 26% by 2018.
education professionals in Iowa earn $56,103 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Iowa education professional earned as little as less than $16,130 per year or as much as more than $159,270 per year. On average education professional earn the most in the following Iowa counties:
- Appanoose County - $62,547 per year
- Black Hawk County - $61,808 per year
- Dallas County - $60,370 per year
Education professionals in the following counties in Iowa make the lowest salaries on average:
- Story County - $44,300 per year
- Benton County - $48,790 per year
- Allamakee County - $49,709 per year
The education professionals with highest average salaries in Iowa were:
- Social Science Teacher - $84,700 per year
- Education Administrator - $83,340 per year
- Mathematical Science Teacher - $82,120 per year
The education professionals with lowest average salaries in Iowa were:
- Middle School Vocational Teacher - $40,370 per year
- Health Specialties Teacher - per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as teaching or elementary education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Education in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Education in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Education in Iowa
- Doctoral Degree in Education in Iowa
- Certificate in Education in Iowa
Curious what studying Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||19,280||$44,040||8.8%|
|Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education||5,850||$45,730||-29.1%|
|Postsecondary Teachers, All Other||4,840||$48,830||32.6%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||1,870||n/a|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||1,350||$43,100||-11.8%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,240||$80,720||55.0%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||1,230||$46,650||36.7%|
|Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary||810||$82,120||76.1%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||620||$66,570||5.1%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||410||$83,340||-37.9%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||380||$43,290||11.8%|
|Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary||320||$68,810||-31.9%|
|Social Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary, All Other||130||$84,700||116.7%|
|Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School||120||$40,370||-42.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are education related jobs in Iowa