There are schools offering hospitality degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Hospitality Programs in Iowa
Your Favorite Schools
Iowa State University, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a hospitality program. It is located in Ames. 42 students graduated with a degree in hospitality from Iowa State University in 2010. Iowa State University charged in-state students $6,997 in tuition fees per year.
Kaplan University-Davenport Campus, which is located in Davenport, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a hospitality program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 39 students graduated from Kaplan University-Davenport Campus hospitality program. The tuition rate at Kaplan University-Davenport Campus was $15,627 per year.
AIB College of Business, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a hospitality program. It is located in Des Moines. In 2010, AIB College of Business graduated 4 students from its hospitality programs. The tuition rate at AIB College of Business was $13,167 per year.
If you choose to attend a Iowa hospitality school, average tuition will be $6,600 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,540 per year to $15,627 per year. In 2010, the following Iowa hospitality schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Kaplan University-Davenport Campus - located in Davenport, students are charged $15,627 per year
- AIB College of Business - located in Des Moines, students are charged $13,167 per year
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
The following Iowa hospitality schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Des Moines Area Community College - located in Ankeny, students are charged $3,750 per year
A hospitality degree from an Iowa school... what next?
hospitality graduates in Iowa can go into a variety of professions such as restaurant manager, sous chef, dietary cook, line cook, and delicatessen cook. Iowa had 26,180 hospitality professionals in 2010. 520 of these hospitality professionals were hotel managers, 2,030 were restaurant managers, and 490 were sous chefs. The following counties have the largest number of Iowa hospitality professionals:
- Dallas County - 4,510 hospitality professionals
- Appanoose County - 3,590 hospitality professionals
- Scott County - 3,470 hospitality professionals
The government projects that the number of hospitality professionals in Iowa will grow by 6%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 35,680 hospitality professionals working in Iowa. The greatest growth for hospitality professional is predicted to be amongst Line Cooks, who are expected to increase by 9% by 2018.
On average, hospitality professionals earn a salary of $28,564 per year in Iowa state. However, Iowa hospitality professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,660 per year to more than $105,380 per year in 2010. The following counties in Iowa have the highest average salaries for hospitality professionals:
- Scott County - $30,827 per year
- Appanoose County - $29,980 per year
- Dallas County - $29,720 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for hospitality professionals are:
- Dubuque County - $23,872 per year
- Allamakee County - $25,145 per year
- Woodbury County - $25,254 per year
The hospitality professionals with highest average salaries in Iowa were:
- Restaurant Manager - $44,940 per year
- Hotel Manager - $39,870 per year
- Sous Chef - $36,740 per year
The hospitality professionals with lowest average salaries in Iowa were:
- Delicatessen Cook - $19,230 per year
- Pizza Maker - $17,230 per year
For more data regarding a career in hospitality in Iowa and to compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or culinary, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Hospitality in Iowa
- Doctoral Degree in Hospitality in Iowa
- Certificate in Hospitality in Iowa
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,253 miles from location||Kaplan University-Davenport Campus||Davenport||IA||25.6872||n/a||71,011|
|6,411 miles from location||Iowa State University||Ames||IA||40.2518||42%||27,945|
|6,411 miles from location||Des Moines Area Community College||Ankeny||IA||20.0292||n/a||22,324|
|6,310 miles from location||Kirkwood Community College||Cedar Rapids||IA||15.8032||n/a||18,254|
|6,255 miles from location||Eastern Iowa Community College District||Davenport||IA||17.5378||n/a||8,480|
|6,439 miles from location||Iowa Central Community College||Fort Dodge||IA||21.4451||n/a||5,905|
|6,383 miles from location||North Iowa Area Community College||Mason City||IA||19.7011||n/a||3,729|
|6,468 miles from location||Iowa Lakes Community College||Estherville||IA||21.6657||n/a||3,201|
|6,414 miles from location||AIB College of Business||Des Moines||IA||22.3219||62%||969|
Curious what studying Hospitality gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Restaurant +||10,000||$19,620||12.4%|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria +||7,170||$22,320||-5.3%|
|Cooks, Fast Food +||4,240||$17,230||-48.6%|
|Food Service Managers +||2,030||$44,940||49.3%|
|Cooks, Short Order +||1,730||$19,230||-32.2%|
|Lodging Managers +||520||$39,870||57.6%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks +||490||$36,740||-37.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hospitality related jobs in Iowa