There are schools offering HVAC training in Iowa!
Schools Offering Hvac Programs in Iowa
Your Favorite Schools
Vatterott College, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a HVAC program. It is located in Des Moines. In 2010, 41 students graduated from Vatterott College's HVAC program. Tuition at Vatterott College was $11,306 per year.
Des Moines Area Community College, which is located in Ankeny, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a HVAC program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Des Moines Area Community College HVAC program. The tuition rate at Des Moines Area Community College was $3,750 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a HVAC program is North Iowa Area Community College, which is located in Mason City. In 2010, it was ranked 80th nationwide. In 2010, North Iowa Area Community College graduated 7 students from its HVAC programs. The tuition rate at North Iowa Area Community College was $3,913 per year.
Hvac schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $4,726 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $11,306 per year, or as little as $3,204 per year. The Iowa HVAC schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Vatterott College - located in Des Moines, students are charged $11,306 per year
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar - located in Calmar, students are charged $4,800 per year
- North Iowa Area Community College - located in Mason City, students are charged $3,913 per year
The HVAC schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Iowa were:
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
A HVAC certificate from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from HVAC school in Iowa go on to work as a heating and air conditioning mechanic. In 2010, there were 3,400 heating and air conditioning mechanics working in Iowa. The following counties have the largest number of Iowa heating and air conditioning mechanics:
- Dallas County - 960 heating and air conditioning mechanics
- Appanoose County - 480 heating and air conditioning mechanics
- Benton County - 440 heating and air conditioning mechanics
The government projects that the number of heating and air conditioning mechanics in Iowa will grow by 34%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,220 heating and air conditioning mechanics working in Iowa.
A heating and air conditioning mechanic in Iowa makes an average of $45,060 per year. But, salaries for heating and air conditioning mechanics can vary. In 2010, heating and air conditioning mechanics made as little as less than $24,870 per year or as much as more than $73,250 per year in Iowa. The counties in Iowa with the highest average salary for a heating and air conditioning mechanic are:
- Johnson County - $54,470 per year
- Dallas County - $49,400 per year
- Woodbury County - $47,850 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for heating and air conditioning mechanics are:
- Black Hawk County - $37,530 per year
- Allamakee County - $39,360 per year
- Dubuque County - $39,840 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in HVAC. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as plumbing or carpentry.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hvac in Iowa
- Certificate in Hvac in Iowa
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,411 miles from location||Des Moines Area Community College||Ankeny||IA||20.0292||n/a||22,324|
|6,310 miles from location||Kirkwood Community College||Cedar Rapids||IA||15.8032||n/a||18,254|
|6,255 miles from location||Eastern Iowa Community College District||Davenport||IA||17.5378||n/a||8,480|
|6,344 miles from location||Hawkeye Community College||Waterloo||IA||19.0386||n/a||6,321|
|6,548 miles from location||Western Iowa Tech Community College||Sioux City||IA||18.6955||n/a||5,829|
|6,319 miles from location||Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar||Calmar||IA||15.6927||n/a||5,389|
|6,383 miles from location||North Iowa Area Community College||Mason City||IA||19.7011||n/a||3,729|
|6,414 miles from location||Vatterott College||Des Moines||IA||29.7073||n/a||558|
Curious what studying HVAC gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers +||3,400||$45,060||30.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are HVAC related jobs in Iowa