There are schools offering LVN programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa that has a LVN program is Northwest Iowa Community College. Northwest Iowa Community College, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Sheldon. 59 students graduated with a certificate in LVN from Northwest Iowa Community College in 2010. Northwest Iowa Community College charged in-state students $4,620 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa that has a LVN program is Southwestern Community College. Southwestern Community College, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Creston. In 2010, Southwestern Community College graduated 63 students from its LVN program. Tuition at Southwestern Community College was $4,020 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa that has a LVN program is Iowa Lakes Community College. Iowa Lakes Community College, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Estherville. In 2010, 105 students graduated from Iowa Lakes Community College LVN program. The tuition rate at Iowa Lakes Community College was $4,876 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Iowa's LVN schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,906 per year, though tuition can range from $4,876 per year to $3,120 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa LVN schools were charged at the following schools:
- Iowa Lakes Community College - located in Estherville, students are charged $4,876 per year
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar - located in Calmar, students are charged $4,800 per year
- Northwest Iowa Community College - located in Sheldon, students are charged $4,620 per year
The LVN schools in Iowa that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
A LVN certificate from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from LVN school in Iowa go on to work as a licensed vocational nurse. 7,440 licensed vocational nurses were working in Iowa in 2010. The largest populations of Iowa licensed vocational nurses are working in the following counties:
- Appanoose County - 1,390 licensed vocational nurses
- Dallas County - 1,150 licensed vocational nurses
- Scott County - 910 licensed vocational nurses
The government projects that by 2018, the number of licensed vocational nurses in the state of Iowa will grow to 9,130. This would require a 19% growth in the profession.
A licensed vocational nurse in Iowa earns $36,320 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. licensed vocational nurses in Iowa had varying salaries from $26,330 to $48,020 per year in 2010. A licensed vocational nurse in the following Iowa counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Johnson County - $41,270 per year
- Dubuque County - $38,600 per year
- Dallas County - $36,970 per year
The following counties in Iowa have the lowest average salaries for licensed vocational nurses:
- Appanoose County - $34,420 per year
- Story County - $35,300 per year
- Woodbury County - $35,490 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or RN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in Iowa
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||7,440||$36,320||12.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in Iowa