There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Iowa!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Iowa
Mercy College of Health Sciences, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a nursing assistant program. It is located in Des Moines. In 2010, Mercy College of Health Sciences graduated no students from its nursing assistant program. Mercy College of Health Sciences charged in-state students $13,530 in tuition fees per year.
Iowa Central Community College, which was ranked 79th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a nursing assistant program. It is located in Fort Dodge. 134 students graduated with certificate in nursing assistant from Iowa Central Community College in 2010. Iowa Central Community College charged in-state students $3,990 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa that has a nursing assistant program is Des Moines Area Community College. Des Moines Area Community College, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in Ankeny. Students at Des Moines Area Community College paid $3,750 per year in tuition fees.
Nursing assistant schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $5,251 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $13,530 per year, or as little as $3,120 per year. The Iowa nursing assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Mercy College of Health Sciences - located in Des Moines, students are charged $13,530 per year
- Iowa Central Community College - located in Fort Dodge, students are charged $3,990 per year
- North Iowa Area Community College - located in Mason City, students are charged $3,913 per year
The nursing assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Iowa were:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Des Moines Area Community College - located in Ankeny, students are charged $3,750 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from an Iowa school... what next?
A large number of Iowa nursing assistant graduates become nursing assistants. In 2010, there were 21,420 nursing assistants working in Iowa. The following counties have the largest number of Iowa nursing assistants:
- Dallas County - 3,870 nursing assistants
- Buena Vista County - 3,010 nursing assistants
- Appanoose County - 2,940 nursing assistants
The government projects that the number of nursing assistants in Iowa will grow by 19%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 27,870 nursing assistants working in Iowa.
On average, a nursing assistant earns a salary of $23,990 per year in Iowa state. However, Iowa nursing assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,350 per year to more than $34,640 per year in 2010. The following counties in Iowa have the highest average salaries for nursing assistants:
- Johnson County - $26,820 per year
- Dallas County - $25,490 per year
- Story County - $24,750 per year
A nursing assistant in the following counties in Iowa make the lowest salaries on average:
- Appanoose County - $22,140 per year
- Allamakee County - $22,490 per year
- Scott County - $22,900 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in nurse assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Iowa
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||21,420||$23,990||-1.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Iowa