There are schools offering paralegal programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a paralegal program is Grand View University, which is located in Des Moines. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Grand View University's paralegal program. Students at Grand View University paid $20,292 per year in tuition fees.
Kaplan University-Davenport Campus, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a paralegal program. It is located in Davenport. In 2010, 747 students graduated from Kaplan University-Davenport Campus paralegal program. The tuition rate at Kaplan University-Davenport Campus was $15,627 per year.
Iowa Lakes Community College, which is located in Estherville, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. 4 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Iowa Lakes Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Iowa Lakes Community College was $4,876 per year.
If you choose to attend a Iowa paralegal school, average tuition will be $12,472 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,540 per year to $20,292 per year. In 2010, the paralegal schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Iowa were:
- Grand View University - located in Des Moines, students are charged $20,292 per year
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Clive, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Kaplan University-Davenport Campus - located in Davenport, students are charged $15,627 per year
The paralegal schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Iowa were:
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Des Moines Area Community College - located in Ankeny, students are charged $3,750 per year
- Iowa Lakes Community College - located in Estherville, students are charged $4,876 per year
A paralegal degree from an Iowa school... what next?
The highest percentage of paralegal graduates in Iowa pursue careers as a paralegal. In 2010, there were 1,490 paralegals working in Iowa. In Iowa, the largest numbers of paralegals work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 490 paralegals
- Scott County - 270 paralegals
- Appanoose County - 240 paralegals
The government projects that the number of paralegals in Iowa will grow by 29%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,090 paralegals working in Iowa.
On average, a paralegal earns a salary of $42,400 per year in Iowa state. In 2010, however, some Iowa paralegals earned as little as less than $18,230 per year or as much as more than $79,180 per year. On average a paralegal earns the most in the following Iowa counties:
- Allamakee County - $53,970 per year
- Dallas County - $48,950 per year
- Buena Vista County - $46,530 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for paralegals are:
- Appanoose County - $31,060 per year
- Johnson County - $37,010 per year
- Black Hawk County - $37,110 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Iowa
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Iowa
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||1,490||$42,400||24.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Iowa