There are schools offering sociology degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa that has a sociology program is Luther College. Luther College, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Decorah. 13 students graduated with a degree in sociology from Luther College in 2010. Luther College charged in-state students $33,480 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa with a sociology program is Cornell College, which is located in Mount Vernon. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Cornell College sociology program. The tuition rate at Cornell College was $31,050 per year.
Coe College, which is located in Cedar Rapids, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a sociology program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Coe College sociology program. The tuition rate at Coe College was $30,860 per year.
Tuition at Iowa's sociology schools ranges from $37,482 per year to $6,997 per year. But, the average tuition is $23,188 per year. In 2010, the following Iowa sociology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Grinnell College - located in Grinnell, students are charged $37,482 per year
- Luther College - located in Decorah, students are charged $33,480 per year
- Cornell College - located in Mount Vernon, students are charged $31,050 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa sociology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
- University of Northern Iowa - located in Cedar Falls, students are charged $7,008 per year
- University of Iowa - located in Iowa City, students are charged $7,417 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in sociology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Sociology in Iowa
- Doctoral Degree in Sociology in Iowa
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||310||$80,580||121.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in Iowa