There are schools offering accounting degrees in Kansas!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Kansas
The top-ranked school in Kansas with a accounting program is Southwestern College, which is located in Winfield. In 2010, it was ranked 46th nationwide. 10 students graduated with a degree in accounting from Southwestern College in 2010. Students at Southwestern College paid $20,656 per year in tuition fees.
Newman University, which is located in Wichita, is the second-ranked school in Kansas that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 47th in the country in 2010. 7 students graduated with degree in accounting from Newman University in 2010. Tuition at Newman University was $20,712 per year.
Ottawa University, which is located in Ottawa, is the third-ranked school in Kansas that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 55th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ottawa University graduated 4 students from its accounting programs. Ottawa University charged in-state students $20,400 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kansas' accounting schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,238 per year, though tuition can range from $22,280 per year to $1,980 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Kansas accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Baker University - located in Baldwin City, students are charged $22,280 per year
- Newman University - located in Wichita, students are charged $20,712 per year
- Southwestern College - located in Winfield, students are charged $20,656 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kansas accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - located in Kansas City, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Allen County Community College - located in Iola, students are charged $2,080 per year
- Independence Community College - located in Independence, students are charged $2,080 per year
An accounting degree from a Kansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of accounting graduates in Kansas pursue careers as an accountant. In 2010, there were 10,580 accountants working in Kansas. The largest populations of Kansas accountants are working in the following counties:
- Allen County - 2,430 accountants
- Butler County - 2,120 accountants
- Jackson County - 1,190 accountants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of accountants in the state of Kansas will grow to 14,550. This would require a 21% growth in the profession.
On average, an accountant earns a salary of $57,680 per year in Kansas state. However, this number is only an average. accountants in Kansas had varying salaries from $29,170 to $90,070 per year in 2010. On average an accountant earns the most in the following Kansas counties:
- Butler County - $59,550 per year
- Douglas County - $56,390 per year
- Geary County - $55,950 per year
The Kansas counties with the lowest average salary for accountants are:
- Allen County - $51,860 per year
- Jackson County - $53,490 per year
- Geary County - $55,950 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in accounting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Kansas
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Kansas
- Certificate in Accounting in Kansas
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||19,650||$31,210||-10.8%|
|Accountants and Auditors||10,580||$57,680||9.9%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||5,290||$30,190||-3.3%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||2,380||$32,900||12.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Kansas