There are schools offering business degrees in Kansas!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Kansas
Southwestern College, which is located in Winfield, is the top-ranked school in Kansas that has a business program. It received a ranking of 46th in the country in 2010. 321 students graduated with a degree in business from Southwestern College in 2010. Students at Southwestern College paid $20,656 per year in tuition fees.
Newman University, which was ranked 47th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kansas that has a business program. It is located in Wichita. In 2010, 129 students graduated from Newman University business program. Tuition at Newman University was $20,712 per year.
The third-ranked school in Kansas with a business program is Sterling College, which is located in Sterling. In 2010, it was ranked 47th nationwide. In 2010, Sterling College graduated 22 students from its business programs. The tuition rate at Sterling College was $19,000 per year.
Tuition at Kansas' business schools ranges from $22,280 per year to $430 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,729 per year. In 2010, the following Kansas business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Baker University - located in Baldwin City, students are charged $22,280 per year
- Newman University - located in Wichita, students are charged $20,712 per year
- Bethel College - located in North Newton, students are charged $20,700 per year
The business schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kansas were:
- Haskell Indian Nations University - located in Lawrence, students are charged $430 per year
- Coffeyville Community College - located in Coffeyville, students are charged $1,920 per year
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - located in Kansas City, students are charged $1,980 per year
A business degree from a Kansas school... what next?
Chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst are the professions of choice for a majority of business graduates in Kansas. Kansas had 55,270 business professionals in 2010. 3,790 of these business professionals were business analysts, 5,150 were chief executive officers, and 17,380 were operations managers. In Kansas, the largest numbers of business professional work in the following counties:
- Allen County - 12,580 business professionals
- Butler County - 11,060 business professionals
- Jackson County - 5,420 business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 71,190 business professionals will be working in Kansas. This would require the number of business professional to grow by 16%.
business professionals in Kansas earn $76,539 per year on average. However, Kansas business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $23,150 per year to more than $164,880 per year in 2010. The following counties in Kansas have the highest average salaries for business professionals:
- Douglas County - $75,726 per year
- Butler County - $74,591 per year
- Jackson County - $72,407 per year
The Kansas counties with the lowest average salary for business professionals are:
- Allen County - $67,112 per year
- Geary County - $72,296 per year
- Jackson County - $72,407 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in Kansas were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $150,150 per year
- Financial Manager - $96,960 per year
- Human Resources Manager - $95,040 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Kansas were:
- Insurance Underwriter - $56,500 per year
- Credit Counselor - $33,110 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kansas statistics regarding a career in business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Kansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Kansas
- Master's Degree in Business in Kansas
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Kansas
- Certificate in Business in Kansas
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||17,380||$93,240||3.3%|
|Accountants and Auditors||10,580||$57,680||9.9%|
|Administrative Services Managers||1,780||$73,440||6.0%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||1,480||$88,940||85.0%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||870||$64,900||4.8%|
|Human Resources Managers||510||$95,040|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Kansas