There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Kansas!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Kansas
The top-ranked school in Kansas with a cosmetology program is Z Hair Academy, which is located in Lawrence. In 2010, it was ranked 55th nationwide. 30 students graduated with a certificate in cosmetology from Z Hair Academy in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Kansas that has a cosmetology program is Old Town Barber College. Old Town Barber College, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Wichita. 29 students graduated with certificate in cosmetology from Old Town Barber College in 2010.
Paul Mitchell the School-Wichita, which is located in Wichita, is the third-ranked school in Kansas that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Paul Mitchell the School-Wichita graduated 35 students from its cosmetology programs. Paul Mitchell the School-Wichita charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Cosmetology schools in Kansas, charge students an average tuition of $691 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $2,370 per year, or as little as $1,980 per year. In 2010, the following Kansas cosmetology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Fort Scott Community College - located in Fort Scott, students are charged $2,370 per year
- Johnson County Community College - located in Shawnee Mission, students are charged $2,250 per year
- Cowley County Community College - located in Arkansas City, students are charged $2,232 per year
The cosmetology schools in Kansas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - located in Kansas City, students are charged $1,980 per year
- Seward County Community College and Area Technical School - located in Liberal, students are charged $2,080 per year
- Independence Community College - located in Independence, students are charged $2,080 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Kansas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from cosmetology school in Kansas go on to work as a cosmetologist. 3,450 cosmetologists were working in Kansas in 2010. The Kansas counties with the largest populations of cosmetologists are:
- Butler County - 700 cosmetologists
- Allen County - 590 cosmetologists
- Douglas County - 250 cosmetologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,810 cosmetologists will be working in Kansas state. This would require the number of cosmetologists to grow by 2%.
A cosmetologist in Kansas makes an average of $22,970 per year. In 2010, however, some Kansas cosmetologists earned as little as less than $15,420 per year or as much as more than $36,970 per year. The following counties in Kansas have the highest average salaries for cosmetologists:
- Butler County - $24,660 per year
- Jackson County - $23,020 per year
- Douglas County - $22,960 per year
On average, cosmetologists earns the least in the following Kansas counties:
- Allen County - $19,410 per year
- Geary County - $21,610 per year
- Douglas County - $22,960 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in Kansas
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Kansas
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||3,450||$22,970||-12.4%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||170||$21,350||-32.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Kansas