There are schools offering accounting degrees in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Kentucky
The top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a accounting program is University of Kentucky. University of Kentucky, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Lexington. 179 students graduated with a degree in accounting from University of Kentucky in 2010. Students at University of Kentucky paid $8,610 per year in tuition fees.
Berea College, which is located in Berea, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Berea College graduated 9 students from its accounting program. Tuition at Berea College was $910 per year.
Transylvania University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a accounting program. It is located in Lexington. In 2010, Transylvania University graduated 22 students from its accounting programs. The tuition rate at Transylvania University was $26,740 per year.
If you choose to attend a Kentucky accounting school, average tuition will be $12,992 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $910 per year to $30,310 per year. The Kentucky accounting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Bellarmine University - located in Louisville, students are charged $30,310 per year
- Georgetown College - located in Georgetown, students are charged $27,640 per year
- Transylvania University - located in Lexington, students are charged $26,740 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kentucky accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Berea College - located in Berea, students are charged $910 per year
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College - located in Paducah, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Somerset Community College - located in Somerset, students are charged $3,120 per year
An accounting degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
The highest percentage of accounting graduates in Kentucky pursue careers as an accountant. In 2010, there were 9,660 accountants working in Kentucky. The Kentucky counties with the largest populations of accountants are:
- Clark County - 4,090 accountants
- Bourbon County - 1,810 accountants
- Anderson County - 670 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 15% by 2018. There are projected to be 12,670 accountants working in the Kentucky then.
An accountant in Kentucky makes an average of $56,100 per year. However, Kentucky accountants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $21,540 per year to more than $109,900 per year in 2010. On average an accountant earns the most in the following Kentucky counties:
- Hardin County - $64,170 per year
- Clark County - $59,510 per year
- Bourbon County - $56,320 per year
An accountant in the following counties in Kentucky make the lowest salaries on average:
- Daviess County - $46,600 per year
- Edmonson County - $47,410 per year
- Ballard County - $49,710 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in accounting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Kentucky
- Certificate in Accounting in Kentucky
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||23,320||$31,470||13.8%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||10,460||$30,900|
|Accountants and Auditors||9,660||$56,100||5.9%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||2,530||$32,790||-7.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Kentucky