There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Kentucky
The top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a bookkeeping program is West Kentucky Community and Technical College. West Kentucky Community and Technical College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Paducah. In 2010, 27 students graduated from West Kentucky Community and Technical College's bookkeeping program. Tuition at West Kentucky Community and Technical College was $3,120 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky with a bookkeeping program is National College-Lexington, which is located in Lexington. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. In 2010, National College-Lexington graduated 0 students from its bookkeeping program. National College-Lexington charged in-state students $10,489 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky with a bookkeeping program is Daymar College-Owensboro Campus, which is located in Owensboro. In 2010, it was ranked 85th nationwide. In 2010, Daymar College-Owensboro Campus graduated 3 students from its bookkeeping programs. Daymar College-Owensboro Campus charged in-state students $15,344 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Kentucky bookkeeping school, average tuition will be $8,344 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,120 per year to $15,344 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Kentucky bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- Daymar College-Owensboro Campus - located in Owensboro, students are charged $15,344 per year
- Southwestern College - located in Florence, students are charged $11,750 per year
- National College-Lexington - located in Lexington, students are charged $10,489 per year
The bookkeeping schools in Kentucky that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College - located in Paducah, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Somerset Community College - located in Somerset, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Jefferson Community and Technical College - located in Louisville, students are charged $3,200 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Kentucky school... what next?
The highest percentage of bookkeeping graduates in Kentucky pursue careers as a bookkeeping clerk. 23,320 bookkeeping clerks were working in Kentucky in 2010. In Kentucky, the largest numbers of bookkeeping clerks work in the following counties:
- Clark County - 7,510 bookkeeping clerks
- Bourbon County - 3,080 bookkeeping clerks
- Adair County - 2,360 bookkeeping clerks
The government projects that the number of bookkeeping clerks in Kentucky will grow by 7%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 29,270 bookkeeping clerks working in Kentucky.
A bookkeeping clerk in Kentucky earns $31,470 per year on average. However, Kentucky bookkeeping clerks earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,080 per year to more than $46,870 per year in 2010. A bookkeeping clerk in the following Kentucky counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bourbon County - $32,940 per year
- Clark County - $32,890 per year
- Hardin County - $30,410 per year
The Kentucky counties with the lowest average salary for bookkeeping clerks are:
- Bell County - $27,970 per year
- Daviess County - $28,750 per year
- Adair County - $29,180 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Kentucky
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Kentucky
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||23,320||$31,470||13.8%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||10,460||$30,900|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Kentucky