There are schools offering communications degreess in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Kentucky
Around 0.7% of Kentucky's graduates graduate from communications degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 864 communications professionals graduate from Kentucky's 25 communications schools.
The top-ranked school in Kentucky with a communications program is University of Kentucky, which is located in Lexington. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, University of Kentucky graduated 146 students from its communications program. The tuition rate at University of Kentucky was $8,610 per year.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky with a communications program is Berea College, which is located in Berea. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 13 students graduated with degree in communications from Berea College in 2010. Tuition at Berea College was $910 per year.
Transylvania University, which is located in Lexington, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a communications program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. 6 students graduated with degree in communications from Transylvania University in 2010. Transylvania University charged in-state students $26,740 in tuition fees per year.
Communications schools in Kentucky, charge students an average tuition of $12,566 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,310 per year, or as little as $910 per year. In 2010, the following Kentucky communications schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Bellarmine University - located in Louisville, students are charged $30,310 per year
- Georgetown College - located in Georgetown, students are charged $27,640 per year
- Transylvania University - located in Lexington, students are charged $26,740 per year
The communications schools in Kentucky that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Berea College - located in Berea, students are charged $910 per year
- Somerset Community College - located in Somerset, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College - located in Prestonsburg, students are charged $3,120 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as advertising or business writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in Communications in Kentucky
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in Kentucky
- Certificate in Communications in Kentucky
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||1,300||$40,200||-15.0%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||840||$27,090||27.3%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||590||$24,730||7.3%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||580||$36,860||-19.4%|
|Writers and Authors||230||$41,450||-28.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Kentucky