There are schools offering computer programming courses in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Kentucky
Around 0.0% of Kentucky's graduates graduate from computer programming degree programs every year. Thus, Kentucky's 6 computer programming schools put out approximately 0 computer programmers each year.
Northern Kentucky University, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a computer programming program. It is located in Newport. 1 students graduated with a degree in computer programming from Northern Kentucky University in 2010. Tuition at Northern Kentucky University was $7,128 per year.
Interactive College of Technology, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a computer programming program. It is located in Newport. The tuition rate at Interactive College of Technology was $7,490 per year.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky with a computer programming program is ITT Technical Institute-Louisville, which is located in Louisville. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Louisville was $18,048 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kentucky's computer programming schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,810 per year, though tuition can range from $19,015 per year to $7,128 per year. In 2010, the following Kentucky computer programming schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Union College - located in Barbourville, students are charged $19,015 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Louisville - located in Louisville, students are charged $18,048 per year
- University of Phoenix-Louisville Campus - located in Louisville, students are charged $10,200 per year
The computer programming schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- Northern Kentucky University - located in Newport, students are charged $7,128 per year
- Interactive College of Technology - located in Newport, students are charged $7,490 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Hopkinsville - located in Hopkinsville, students are charged $8,980 per year
A computer programming degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer programming school in Kentucky go on to work as a computer programmer. 2,180 computer programmers were working in Kentucky in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Kentucky computer programmers:
- Clark County - 1,020 computer programmers
- Bourbon County - 480 computer programmers
- Anderson County - 110 computer programmers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer programmers in the state of Kentucky will shrink to 3,390. This would require a -8% decline in the profession.
On average, a computer programmer earns a salary of $64,360 per year in Kentucky state. On average a computer programmer earns the most in the following Kentucky counties:
- Adair County - $71,920 per year
- Anderson County - $69,950 per year
- Ballard County - $69,710 per year
The Kentucky counties with the lowest average salary for computer programmers are:
- Edmonson County - $47,310 per year
- Bourbon County - $53,900 per year
- Hardin County - $66,970 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer programming in Kentucky and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||80||$42,290|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Kentucky