There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Kentucky
Around 0.1% of Kentucky's graduates graduate from dental hygiene degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 154 dental hygienists graduate from Kentucky's 6 dental hygienist schools.
The top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a dental hygienist program is University of Louisville. University of Louisville, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Louisville. 28 students graduated with a degree in dental hygienist from University of Louisville in 2010. Students at University of Louisville paid $8,424 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a dental hygienist program is Western Kentucky University. Western Kentucky University, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Bowling Green. In 2010, 30 students graduated from Western Kentucky University dental hygienist program. Students at Western Kentucky University paid $7,560 per year in tuition fees.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College, which is located in Paducah, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. 13 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from West Kentucky Community and Technical College in 2010. The tuition rate at West Kentucky Community and Technical College was $3,120 per year.
Dental hygienist schools in Kentucky, charge students an average tuition of $4,752 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $8,424 per year, or as little as $3,120 per year. In 2010, the dental hygienist schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- University of Louisville - located in Louisville, students are charged $8,424 per year
- Western Kentucky University - located in Bowling Green, students are charged $7,560 per year
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College - located in Lexington, students are charged $3,170 per year
The following Kentucky dental hygienist schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Henderson Community College - located in Henderson, students are charged $3,120 per year
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College - located in Paducah, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College - located in Prestonsburg, students are charged $3,120 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
A large number of Kentucky dental hygienist graduates become dental hygienists. In 2010, there were 1,690 dental hygienists working in Kentucky. The following counties have the largest number of Kentucky dental hygienists:
- Clark County - 590 dental hygienists
- Bourbon County - 240 dental hygienists
- Anderson County - 170 dental hygienists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental hygienists is expected to grow by 33% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,410 dental hygienists working in the Kentucky then.
On average, dental hygienists earn $56,050 per year. However, this number is only an average. dental hygienists in Kentucky had varying salaries from $26,810 to $91,980 per year in 2010. The counties in Kentucky with the highest average salary for a dental hygienist are:
- Anderson County - $61,750 per year
- Ballard County - $61,730 per year
- Hardin County - $57,970 per year
On average, dental hygienists earns the least in the following Kentucky counties:
- Adair County - $42,570 per year
- Bell County - $47,190 per year
- Daviess County - $48,070 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Kentucky
- Certificate in Dental Hygiene in Kentucky
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Kentucky