There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Kentucky
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Indiana
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Tennessee
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Virginia
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Ohio
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in North Carolina
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Kentucky
Your Favorite Schools
Around 0.1% of Kentucky's graduates graduate from early childhood education degree programs every year. That means an estimated 156 early childhood education professionals graduate from Kentucky's 10 early childhood education schools each year.
University of Kentucky, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Lexington. 11 students graduated with a degree in early childhood education from University of Kentucky in 2010. Students at University of Kentucky paid $8,610 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky with a early childhood education program is Berea College, which is located in Berea. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Berea College early childhood education program. The tuition rate at Berea College was $910 per year.
Campbellsville University, which is located in Campbellsville, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 45th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Campbellsville University early childhood education program. Campbellsville University charged in-state students $19,710 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kentucky's early childhood education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,124 per year, though tuition can range from $19,710 per year to $910 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Kentucky early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Campbellsville University - located in Campbellsville, students are charged $19,710 per year
- Spalding University - located in Louisville, students are charged $18,150 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Louisville - located in Louisville, students are charged $9,334 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kentucky early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Berea College - located in Berea, students are charged $910 per year
- Murray State University - located in Murray, students are charged $6,264 per year
- Morehead State University - located in Morehead, students are charged $6,492 per year
An early childhood education degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
Kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director are the professions of choice for a majority of early childhood education graduates in Kentucky. Kentucky had 26,390 early childhood education professionals in 2010. 4,110 of these early childhood education professionals were preschool teachers, 1,520 were kindergarten teachers, and 20,290 were elementary school teachers. The largest populations of Kentucky early childhood education professional are working in the following counties:
- Clark County - 7,520 early childhood education professionals
- Adair County - 3,230 early childhood education professionals
- Bell County - 3,090 early childhood education professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 29,370 early childhood education professionals will be working in Kentucky. This would require the number of early childhood education professional to grow by 15%.
early childhood education professionals in Kentucky make an average of $43,320 per year. In 2010, however, some Kentucky early childhood education professional earned as little as less than $15,900 per year or as much as more than $88,210 per year. The counties in Kentucky with the highest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Daviess County - $48,423 per year
- Ballard County - $44,463 per year
- Anderson County - $44,088 per year
On average, early childhood education professionals earn the least in the following Kentucky counties:
- Hardin County - $37,625 per year
- Edmonson County - $40,215 per year
- Bell County - $42,393 per year
The early childhood education professionals with highest average salaries in Kentucky were:
- Kindergarten Teacher - $49,720 per year
- Elementary School Teacher - $48,300 per year
- Preschool Director - $47,100 per year
The early childhood education professionals with lowest average salaries in Kentucky were:
- Preschool Director - $47,100 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $28,160 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in early childhood education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Kentucky
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,925 miles from location||University of Kentucky||Lexington||KY||71.9032||47%||26,295|
|6,029 miles from location||Western Kentucky University||Bowling Green||KY||30.5056||47%||20,712|
|5,913 miles from location||Eastern Kentucky University||Richmond||KY||27.7574||48%||16,268|
|5,927 miles from location||Northern Kentucky University||Newport||KY||25.346||48%||15,378|
|6,132 miles from location||Murray State University||Murray||KY||29.8511||50%||10,071|
|5,868 miles from location||Morehead State University||Morehead||KY||25.4731||43%||8,822|
|5,969 miles from location||Campbellsville University||Campbellsville||KY||54.5883||36%||3,178|
|5,994 miles from location||Spalding University||Louisville||KY||29.9153||51%||2,069|
|5,912 miles from location||Berea College||Berea||KY||68.5998||76%||1,548|
|5,991 miles from location||Brown Mackie College-Louisville||Louisville||KY||15.2356||n/a||1,536|
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education +||20,290||$48,300||17.1%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education +||4,110||$28,160||-13.3%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education +||1,520||$49,720||-31.8%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program +||470||$47,100||-26.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Kentucky