There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Kentucky
Around 1.1% of Kentucky's graduates graduate from elementary education degree programs every year. That means an estimated 1,459 elementary educators graduate from Kentucky's 30 elementary education schools each year.
Centre College, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a elementary education program. It is located in Danville. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Centre College's elementary education program. Students at Centre College paid $32,600 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a elementary education program is University of Kentucky. University of Kentucky, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Lexington. In 2010, University of Kentucky graduated 99 students from its elementary education program. Tuition at University of Kentucky was $8,610 per year.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky with a elementary education program is Berea College, which is located in Berea. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 14 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Berea College in 2010. Tuition at Berea College was $910 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kentucky's elementary education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,345 per year, though tuition can range from $32,600 per year to $910 per year. The Kentucky elementary education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Centre College - located in Danville, students are charged $32,600 per year
- Bellarmine University - located in Louisville, students are charged $30,310 per year
- Georgetown College - located in Georgetown, students are charged $27,640 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kentucky elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Berea College - located in Berea, students are charged $910 per year
- Kentucky State University - located in Frankfort, students are charged $5,720 per year
- Murray State University - located in Murray, students are charged $6,264 per year
An elementary education degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
The highest percentage of elementary education graduates in Kentucky pursue careers as an elementary educator. 20,290 elementary educators were working in Kentucky in 2010. In Kentucky, the largest numbers of elementary educators work in the following counties:
- Clark County - 4,920 elementary educators
- Bell County - 2,730 elementary educators
- Adair County - 2,710 elementary educators
The government projects that the number of elementary educators in Kentucky will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 22,020 elementary educators working in Kentucky.
An elementary educator in Kentucky makes an average of $48,300 per year. However, Kentucky elementary educators earned anywhere in the range from as less than $33,480 per year to more than $63,900 per year in 2010. The following counties in Kentucky have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Clark County - $50,180 per year
- Hardin County - $48,870 per year
- Bell County - $48,430 per year
The following counties in Kentucky have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Edmonson County - $45,770 per year
- Anderson County - $46,220 per year
- Ballard County - $46,920 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Kentucky
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||20,290||$48,300||17.1%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||3,670||$80,190||31.5%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||3,580||$48,450||11.5%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||1,520||$49,720||-31.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Kentucky