There are schools offering EMT training in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Kentucky
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Kentucky students graduate with certificates in emergency medical training. Thus, Kentucky's 7 EMT schools put out approximately 129 emergency medical technicians each year.
Western Kentucky University, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a EMT program. It is located in Bowling Green. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Western Kentucky University's EMT program. Tuition at Western Kentucky University was $7,560 per year.
Spalding University, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a EMT program. It is located in Louisville. The tuition rate at Spalding University was $18,150 per year.
Eastern Kentucky University, which is located in Richmond, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 16 students graduated from Eastern Kentucky University EMT program. Tuition at Eastern Kentucky University was $7,084 per year.
Tuition at Kentucky's EMT schools ranges from $18,150 per year to $3,120 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,292 per year. The Kentucky EMT schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Spalding University - located in Louisville, students are charged $18,150 per year
- Saint Catharine College - located in Saint Catharine, students are charged $15,890 per year
- Western Kentucky University - located in Bowling Green, students are charged $7,560 per year
The EMT schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College - located in Elizabethtown, students are charged $3,120 per year
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College - located in Paducah, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Owensboro Community and Technical College - located in Owensboro, students are charged $3,120 per year
An EMT certificate from a Kentucky school... what next?
The highest percentage of EMT graduates in Kentucky pursue careers as an emergency medical technician. 4,550 emergency medical technicians were working in Kentucky in 2010. In Kentucky, the largest numbers of emergency medical technicians work in the following counties:
- Clark County - 1,280 emergency medical technicians
- Bell County - 860 emergency medical technicians
- Ballard County - 610 emergency medical technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,130 emergency medical technicians will be working in Kentucky state. This would require the number of emergency medical technicians to grow by 9%.
On average, an emergency medical technician earns a salary of $28,390 per year in Kentucky state. However, this number is only an average. emergency medical technicians in Kentucky had varying salaries from $15,770 to $44,980 per year in 2010. On average an emergency medical technician earns the most in the following Kentucky counties:
- Clark County - $31,620 per year
- Daviess County - $31,560 per year
- Anderson County - $29,570 per year
The following counties in Kentucky have the lowest average salaries for emergency medical technicians:
- Bell County - $25,150 per year
- Ballard County - $26,720 per year
- Adair County - $27,660 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Kentucky
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Kentucky
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,029 miles from location||Western Kentucky University||Bowling Green||KY||30.5056||47%||20,712|
|5,913 miles from location||Eastern Kentucky University||Richmond||KY||27.7574||48%||16,268|
|6,151 miles from location||West Kentucky Community and Technical College||Paducah||KY||18.5802||n/a||7,464|
|5,999 miles from location||Elizabethtown Community and Technical College||Elizabethtown||KY||13.7844||n/a||6,913|
|6,065 miles from location||Owensboro Community and Technical College||Owensboro||KY||13.9383||n/a||6,324|
|5,994 miles from location||Spalding University||Louisville||KY||29.9153||51%||2,069|
|5,966 miles from location||Saint Catharine College||Saint Catharine||KY||13.7868||n/a||852|
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics +||4,550||$28,390||9.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Kentucky