There are schools offering history degrees in Kentucky!
Schools Offering History Programs in Kentucky
The top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a history program is Centre College. Centre College, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Danville. In 2010, 31 students graduated from Centre College's history program. Students at Centre College paid $32,600 per year in tuition fees.
University of Kentucky, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a history program. It is located in Lexington. In 2010, University of Kentucky graduated 95 students from its history program. The tuition rate at University of Kentucky was $8,610 per year.
Berea College, which is located in Berea, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a history program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with degree in history from Berea College in 2010. The tuition rate at Berea College was $910 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kentucky's history schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $16,012 per year, though tuition can range from $32,600 per year to $910 per year. The Kentucky history schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Centre College - located in Danville, students are charged $32,600 per year
- Bellarmine University - located in Louisville, students are charged $30,310 per year
- Georgetown College - located in Georgetown, students are charged $27,640 per year
The following Kentucky history schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Berea College - located in Berea, students are charged $910 per year
- Murray State University - located in Murray, students are charged $6,264 per year
- Morehead State University - located in Morehead, students are charged $6,492 per year
A history degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
A large number of Kentucky history graduates become historians. In 2010, there were 30 historians working in Kentucky. The following counties have the largest number of Kentucky historians:
A historian in Kentucky makes an average of $40,680 per year.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in history and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as political science or history.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in History in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in History in Kentucky
- Doctoral Degree in History in Kentucky
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Kentucky