There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Kentucky
Around 0.7% of Kentucky's graduates graduate from medical assisting certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 878 medical assistants graduate from Kentucky's 24 medical assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a medical assistant program is University of Kentucky. University of Kentucky, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Lexington. 54 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from University of Kentucky in 2010. Students at University of Kentucky paid $8,610 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a medical assistant program is Spencerian College-Lexington. Spencerian College-Lexington, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Lexington. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Spencerian College-Lexington medical assistant program. Spencerian College-Lexington charged in-state students $14,839 in tuition fees per year.
Eastern Kentucky University, which is located in Richmond, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Eastern Kentucky University in 2010. Eastern Kentucky University charged in-state students $7,084 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Kentucky medical assistant school, average tuition will be $9,360 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,120 per year to $17,100 per year. In 2010, the following Kentucky medical assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Sullivan University - located in Louisville, students are charged $17,100 per year
- University of the Cumberlands - located in Williamsburg, students are charged $17,000 per year
- Spencerian College - located in Louisville, students are charged $15,960 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Kentucky medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Maysville Community and Technical College - located in Maysville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Somerset Community College - located in Somerset, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Henderson Community College - located in Henderson, students are charged $3,120 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Kentucky school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical assistant school in Kentucky go on to work as a medical assistant. Kentucky had 7,200 medical assistants in 2010. The Kentucky counties with the largest populations of medical assistants are:
- Clark County - 2,730 medical assistants
- Bourbon County - 870 medical assistants
- Adair County - 720 medical assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 9,210 medical assistants will be working in Kentucky state. This would require the number of medical assistants to grow by 29%.
A medical assistant in Kentucky earns $26,450 per year on average. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $16,590 per year or as much as more than $36,760 per year in Kentucky. On average a medical assistant earns the most in the following Kentucky counties:
- Bourbon County - $28,550 per year
- Clark County - $28,010 per year
- Ballard County - $25,810 per year
A medical assistant in the following counties in Kentucky make the lowest salaries on average:
- Edmonson County - $23,960 per year
- Hardin County - $24,280 per year
- Bell County - $24,370 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in medical assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Kentucky
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Kentucky
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Kentucky
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Kentucky