There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Kentucky
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Kentucky graduates receive certificates in pharmacy technician training. Thus, Kentucky's 13 pharmacy technician schools put out approximately 72 pharmacy technicians each year.
Daymar College-Paducah Main, which is located in Paducah, is the top-ranked school in Kentucky that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Daymar College-Paducah Main's pharmacy technician program.
Sullivan University, which is located in Louisville, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at Sullivan University was $17,100 per year.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College, which is located in Paducah, is the third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, West Kentucky Community and Technical College graduated 7 students from its pharmacy technician programs. The tuition rate at West Kentucky Community and Technical College was $3,120 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Kentucky's pharmacy technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,843 per year, though tuition can range from $17,100 per year to $3,120 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Kentucky pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sullivan University - located in Louisville, students are charged $17,100 per year
- Saint Catharine College - located in Saint Catharine, students are charged $15,890 per year
- Daymar College-Owensboro Campus - located in Owensboro, students are charged $15,344 per year
The pharmacy technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Kentucky were:
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College - located in Paducah, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Jefferson Community and Technical College - located in Louisville, students are charged $3,200 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Louisville - located in Louisville, students are charged $9,334 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a Kentucky school... what next?
A large number of Kentucky pharmacy technician graduates become pharmacy technicians. Kentucky had 6,790 pharmacy technicians in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Kentucky pharmacy technicians:
- Clark County - 1,640 pharmacy technicians
- Adair County - 1,050 pharmacy technicians
- Bell County - 940 pharmacy technicians
The government projects that the number of pharmacy technicians in Kentucky will grow by 27%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 8,430 pharmacy technicians working in Kentucky.
On average, pharmacy technicians earn $24,920 per year. However, this number is only an average. pharmacy technicians in Kentucky had varying salaries from $16,240 to $37,410 per year in 2010. The following counties in Kentucky have the highest average salaries for pharmacy technicians:
- Hardin County - $27,550 per year
- Clark County - $27,210 per year
- Bell County - $26,020 per year
On average, pharmacy technicians earns the least in the following Kentucky counties:
- Daviess County - $22,330 per year
- Adair County - $23,140 per year
- Ballard County - $23,240 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in pharmacy technician training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or physician assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Kentucky
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Kentucky
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Kentucky