There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Kentucky!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Kentucky
The top-ranked school in Kentucky with a radiology technician program is ATA College, which is located in Louisville. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. 64 students graduated with a degree in radiology technician from ATA College in 2010. Students at ATA College paid $11,775 per year in tuition fees.
Spencerian College-Lexington, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Kentucky that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Lexington. 15 students graduated with degree in radiology technician from Spencerian College-Lexington in 2010. Students at Spencerian College-Lexington paid $14,839 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Kentucky that has a radiology technician program is Morehead State University. Morehead State University, which was ranked 75th in the country in 2010, is located in Morehead. 58 students graduated with degree in radiology technician from Morehead State University in 2010. Students at Morehead State University paid $6,492 per year in tuition fees.
Radiology technician schools in Kentucky, charge students an average tuition of $6,275 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $15,960 per year, or as little as $3,120 per year. The Kentucky radiology technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Spencerian College - located in Louisville, students are charged $15,960 per year
- Saint Catharine College - located in Saint Catharine, students are charged $15,890 per year
- Spencerian College-Lexington - located in Lexington, students are charged $14,839 per year
The following Kentucky radiology technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Somerset Community College - located in Somerset, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Bowling Green Technical College - located in Bowling Green, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Madisonville Community College - located in Madisonville, students are charged $3,120 per year
A radiology technician degree from a Kentucky school... what next?
Most people who graduate from radiology technician school in Kentucky go on to work as a radiology technician. In 2010, there were 4,050 radiology technicians working in Kentucky. The Kentucky counties with the largest populations of radiology technicians are:
- Clark County - 1,350 radiology technicians
- Bourbon County - 630 radiology technicians
- Ballard County - 380 radiology technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 4,950 radiology technicians will be working in Kentucky state. This would require the number of radiology technicians to grow by 15%.
On average, radiology technicians earn $46,630 per year. A radiology technician in the following Kentucky counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bourbon County - $48,990 per year
- Daviess County - $48,500 per year
- Hardin County - $48,090 per year
A radiology technician in the following counties in Kentucky make the lowest salaries on average:
- Ballard County - $42,640 per year
- Adair County - $43,020 per year
- Bell County - $45,000 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Kentucky statistics regarding a career in radiology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Kentucky
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Kentucky
- Certificate in Radiology in Kentucky
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Kentucky
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||2,700||$182,730||45.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Kentucky