There are schools offering architecture degrees in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Architecture Programs in Louisiana
Your Favorite Schools
Tulane University of Louisiana, which is located in New Orleans, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a architecture program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 106 students graduated from Tulane University of Louisiana's architecture program. Students at Tulane University of Louisiana paid $41,884 per year in tuition fees.
Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which was ranked 26th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a architecture program. It is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College graduated 112 students from its architecture program. Students at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College paid $5,764 per year in tuition fees.
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, which was ranked 26th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a architecture program. It is located in Lafayette. In 2010, 52 students graduated from University of Louisiana at Lafayette architecture program. Students at University of Louisiana at Lafayette paid $4,426 per year in tuition fees.
Architecture schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $9,988 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,884 per year, or as little as $2,955 per year. In 2010, the architecture schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $5,764 per year
- Louisiana Tech University - located in Ruston, students are charged $5,545 per year
The following Louisiana architecture schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette - located in Lafayette, students are charged $4,426 per year
- Southern University and A & M College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $4,584 per year
An architecture degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of architecture graduates in Louisiana pursue careers as an architect. If you decide to work as an architect in Louisiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 890 Louisiana architects as of 2010. The Louisiana counties with the largest populations of architects are:
- Jefferson Davis County - 350 architects
- Ascension County - 220 architects
- Lafayette County - 120 architects
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,620 architects will be working in Louisiana state. This would require the number of architects to grow by 6%.
On average, an architect earns a salary of $74,690 per year in Louisiana state. But, salaries for architects can vary. In 2010, architects made as little as less than $41,620 per year or as much as more than $107,800 per year in Louisiana. The following counties in Louisiana have the highest average salaries for architects:
- Bossier County - $73,400 per year
- Ascension County - $72,330 per year
- Lafayette County - $72,060 per year
The Louisiana counties with the lowest average salary for architects are:
- Acadia County - $64,490 per year
- Jefferson Davis County - $70,880 per year
- Lafayette County - $72,060 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in architecture. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Architecture in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Architecture in Louisiana
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,296 miles from location||Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College||Baton Rouge||LA||73.9386||46%||28,643|
|6,231 miles from location||Delgado Community College||New Orleans||LA||8.24463||n/a||16,758|
|6,345 miles from location||University of Louisiana at Lafayette||Lafayette||LA||30.0932||51%||16,361|
|6,229 miles from location||University of New Orleans||New Orleans||LA||21.9836||58%||11,724|
|6,232 miles from location||Tulane University of Louisiana||New Orleans||LA||81.6008||14%||11,464|
|6,379 miles from location||Louisiana Tech University||Ruston||LA||29.6827||51%||11,264|
|6,296 miles from location||Southern University and A & M College||Baton Rouge||LA||24.8704||62%||7,619|
Curious what studying Architecture gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters +||1,230||$48,240||1.7%|
|Architects, Except Landscape and Naval +||890||$74,690||18.7%|
|Landscape Architects +||220||$54,340||-26.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are architecture related jobs in Louisiana