There are schools offering biochemistry courses in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Biochemistry Programs in Louisiana
Tulane University of Louisiana, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a biochemistry program. It is located in New Orleans. 7 students graduated with a degree in biochemistry from Tulane University of Louisiana in 2010. Tuition at Tulane University of Louisiana was $41,884 per year.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana with a biochemistry program is Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. In 2010, 52 students graduated from Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College biochemistry program. Students at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College paid $5,764 per year in tuition fees.
Centenary College of Louisiana, which is located in Shreveport, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a biochemistry program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with degree in biochemistry from Centenary College of Louisiana in 2010. Tuition at Centenary College of Louisiana was $24,080 per year.
If you choose to attend a Louisiana biochemistry school, average tuition will be $15,588 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,125 per year to $41,884 per year. In 2010, the biochemistry schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Loyola University New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $31,754 per year
- Centenary College of Louisiana - located in Shreveport, students are charged $24,080 per year
The biochemistry schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Louisiana State University-Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $4,125 per year
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $5,764 per year
- Xavier University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $17,100 per year
A biochemistry degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
A large number of Louisiana biochemistry graduates become biochemists. 160 biochemists were working in Louisiana in 2010. The Louisiana counties with the largest populations of biochemists are:
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 320 biochemists will be working in Louisiana state. This would require the number of biochemists to grow by 11%.
On average, a biochemist earns a salary of $51,550 per year in Louisiana state.
For more data regarding a career in biochemistry in Louisiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as biology or chemistry, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Biochemistry in Louisiana
- Doctoral Degree in Biochemistry in Louisiana
Curious what studying Biochemistry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Engineers, All Other||3,530||$81,420||59.0%|
|Biochemists and Biophysicists||160||$51,550||-5.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are biochemistry related jobs in Louisiana