There are schools offering communications degreess in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Louisiana
Approximately 0.9% of graduates in of Louisiana receive communications degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,023 communications professionals graduate from Louisiana's 21 communications schools.
Tulane University of Louisiana, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a communications program. It is located in New Orleans. In 2010, Tulane University of Louisiana graduated 55 students from its communications program. Tulane University of Louisiana charged in-state students $41,884 in tuition fees per year.
Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which is located in Baton Rouge, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a communications program. It received a ranking of 26th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College graduated 400 students from its communications program. Students at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College paid $5,764 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a communications program is Centenary College of Louisiana. Centenary College of Louisiana, which was ranked 37th in the country in 2010, is located in Shreveport. In 2010, Centenary College of Louisiana graduated 19 students from its communications programs. Centenary College of Louisiana charged in-state students $24,080 in tuition fees per year.
Communications schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $10,176 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,884 per year, or as little as $2,955 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana communications schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Loyola University New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $31,754 per year
- Centenary College of Louisiana - located in Shreveport, students are charged $24,080 per year
The communications schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Louisiana State University at Alexandria - located in Alexandria, students are charged $3,816 per year
- McNeese State University - located in Lake Charles, students are charged $3,987 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as advertising or business writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Communications in Louisiana
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in Louisiana
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||1,530||$36,820||-11.0%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||530||$35,580||1.9%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||530||$40,490||-11.7%|
|Writers and Authors||320||$45,140||33.3%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||300||$25,320||-73.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Louisiana