There are schools offering computer networking courses in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Louisiana
Around 0.6% of Louisiana's graduates graduate from computer networking degree programs every year. That means an estimated 762 computer network administrators graduate from Louisiana's 19 computer networking schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Louisiana with a computer networking program is Baton Rouge School of Computers, which is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. In 2010, Baton Rouge School of Computers graduated 7 students from its computer networking program.
Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a computer networking program. It is located in West Monroe. In 2010, Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus graduated 46 students from its computer networking program. The tuition rate at Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus was $1,202 per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Saint Rose, which is located in Saint Rose, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. 49 students graduated with degree in computer networking from ITT Technical Institute-Saint Rose in 2010. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Saint Rose was $18,048 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Louisiana's computer networking schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,635 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $1,032 per year. In 2010, the computer networking schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Baton Rouge - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Saint Rose - located in Saint Rose, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Remington College-Baton Rouge - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $14,745 per year
The computer networking schools in Louisiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
A computer networking degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer networking school in Louisiana go on to work as a computer network administrator. If you decide to work as a computer network administrator in Louisiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,610 Louisiana computer network administrators as of 2010. In Louisiana, the largest numbers of computer network administrators work in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 560 computer network administrators
- Ascension County - 350 computer network administrators
- Bossier County - 190 computer network administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer network administrators in the state of Louisiana will grow to 1,580. This would require a 18% growth in the profession.
A computer network administrator in Louisiana earns $59,850 per year on average. The following counties in Louisiana have the highest average salaries for computer network administrators:
- Acadia County - $68,700 per year
- Jefferson Davis County - $63,370 per year
- Bossier County - $62,210 per year
On average, computer network administrators earns the least in the following Louisiana counties:
- Bienville County - $47,770 per year
- Ouachita County - $50,630 per year
- Lafayette County - $51,460 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in computer networking and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Louisiana
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Louisiana
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||90||$48,520||28.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Louisiana