There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Louisiana
The top-ranked school in Louisiana with a cosmetology program is Alden's School of Cosmetology, which is located in Baker. In 2010, it was ranked 65th nationwide. 24 students graduated with a certificate in cosmetology from Alden's School of Cosmetology in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana with a cosmetology program is Cosmetology Training Center, which is located in Lafayette. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, Cosmetology Training Center graduated 39 students from its cosmetology program.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a cosmetology program is Aveda Institute-Lafayette. Aveda Institute-Lafayette, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Lafayette. In 2010, 95 students graduated from Aveda Institute-Lafayette cosmetology program. Aveda Institute-Lafayette charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Cosmetology schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $1,738 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $14,758 per year, or as little as $1,032 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana cosmetology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Blue Cliff College-Houma - located in Houma, students are charged $14,758 per year
- Remington College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Blue Cliff College-Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $14,644 per year
The cosmetology schools in Louisiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
- Central Louisiana Technical College-Alexandria Campus - located in Alexandria, students are charged $1,123 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from cosmetology school in Louisiana go on to work as a cosmetologist. In 2010, there were 2,570 cosmetologists working in Louisiana. In Louisiana, the largest numbers of cosmetologists work in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 790 cosmetologists
- Ascension County - 450 cosmetologists
- Lafayette County - 310 cosmetologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of cosmetologists is expected to grow by 13% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,910 cosmetologists working in the Louisiana then.
A cosmetologist in Louisiana makes an average of $24,920 per year. However, Louisiana cosmetologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,500 per year to more than $48,430 per year in 2010. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for a cosmetologist are:
- Jefferson Davis County - $28,470 per year
- Acadia County - $26,560 per year
- Ascension County - $25,680 per year
The following counties in Louisiana have the lowest average salaries for cosmetologists:
- Lafourche County - $18,980 per year
- Grant County - $20,680 per year
- Bossier County - $21,050 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Louisiana
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||2,570||$24,920||-19.4%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||310||$25,070||342.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Louisiana