There are schools offering EMT training in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Louisiana
Each year, roughly 0.9% of Louisiana students graduate with certificates in emergency medical training. That means an estimated 1,050 emergency medical technicians graduate from Louisiana's 11 EMT schools each year.
Nicholls State University, which is located in Thibodaux, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. 2 students graduated with a certificate in EMT from Nicholls State University in 2010. Tuition at Nicholls State University was $4,292 per year.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a EMT program is Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus. Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in West Monroe. In 2010, Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus graduated 47 students from its EMT program. The tuition rate at Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus was $1,202 per year.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a EMT program is Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus. Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Bogalusa. In 2010, Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus graduated 55 students from its EMT programs. Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus charged in-state students $1,176 in tuition fees per year.
Emt schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $2,099 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $4,292 per year, or as little as $1,092 per year. The Louisiana EMT schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Nicholls State University - located in Thibodaux, students are charged $4,292 per year
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Southern University at Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $2,730 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Louisiana EMT schools were charged at the following schools:
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Central Louisiana Technical College-Alexandria Campus - located in Alexandria, students are charged $1,123 per year
- Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus - located in Bogalusa, students are charged $1,176 per year
An EMT certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from EMT school in Louisiana go on to work as an emergency medical technician. In 2010, there were 3,470 emergency medical technicians working in Louisiana. The following counties have the largest number of Louisiana emergency medical technicians:
- Jefferson Davis County - 930 emergency medical technicians
- Ascension County - 310 emergency medical technicians
- Bossier County - 250 emergency medical technicians
The government projects that the number of emergency medical technicians in Louisiana will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,670 emergency medical technicians working in Louisiana.
An emergency medical technician in Louisiana earns $34,610 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Louisiana emergency medical technicians earned as little as less than $18,130 per year or as much as more than $56,950 per year. The following counties in Louisiana have the highest average salaries for emergency medical technicians:
- Bienville County - $39,860 per year
- Ascension County - $39,420 per year
- Grant County - $37,200 per year
The following counties in Louisiana have the lowest average salaries for emergency medical technicians:
- Bossier County - $29,090 per year
- Lafourche County - $31,830 per year
- Jefferson Davis County - $32,410 per year
For more data regarding a career in emergency medical training in Louisiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Louisiana
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Louisiana
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||3,470||$34,610||23.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Louisiana