There are schools offering finance degrees in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Finance Programs in Louisiana
Tulane University of Louisiana, which is located in New Orleans, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a finance program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. 340 students graduated with a degree in finance from Tulane University of Louisiana in 2010. The tuition rate at Tulane University of Louisiana was $41,884 per year.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana with a finance program is Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. In 2010, Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College graduated 190 students from its finance program. Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College charged in-state students $5,764 in tuition fees per year.
Centenary College of Louisiana, which is located in Shreveport, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a finance program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with degree in finance from Centenary College of Louisiana in 2010. Centenary College of Louisiana charged in-state students $24,080 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Louisiana finance school, average tuition will be $11,249 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,987 per year to $41,884 per year. The Louisiana finance schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Loyola University New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $31,754 per year
- Centenary College of Louisiana - located in Shreveport, students are charged $24,080 per year
The finance schools in Louisiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- McNeese State University - located in Lake Charles, students are charged $3,987 per year
- Southeastern Louisiana University - located in Hammond, students are charged $4,000 per year
- Louisiana State University-Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $4,125 per year
A finance degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
finance graduates in Louisiana can go into a variety of professions such as auditor, financial quantitative analyst, financial examiner, credit analyst, and sales agent. In 2010, there were 23,860 finance professional working in Louisiana, including 410 budget analysts, 11,710 auditors, and 710 financial quantitative analysts. The largest populations of Louisiana finance professional are working in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 7,800 finance professionals
- Ascension County - 5,610 finance professionals
- Bossier County - 1,750 finance professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of finance professionals in the state of Louisiana will grow to 30,040. This would require a 8% growth in the field.
finance professionals in Louisiana earn $62,722 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Finance professional in Louisiana had varying salaries from $23,150 to $165,410 per year in 2010. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for finance professionals are:
- Ouachita County - $70,565 per year
- Lafourche County - $67,290 per year
- Grant County - $67,003 per year
The Louisiana counties with the lowest average salary for finance professionals are:
- Bienville County - $56,600 per year
- Calcasieu County - $57,185 per year
- Bossier County - $58,809 per year
The finance professionals with highest average salaries in Louisiana were:
- Branch Financial Manager - $83,570 per year
- Economist - $78,590 per year
- Financial Examiner - $73,960 per year
The finance professionals with lowest average salaries in Louisiana were:
- Loan Officer - $49,070 per year
- Loan Counselor - $42,100 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in finance. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Finance in Louisiana
- Doctoral Degree in Finance in Louisiana
Curious what studying Finance gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Accountants and Auditors||11,710||$57,410||-0.8%|
|Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents||1,960||$73,300||46.3%|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||710||$50,360||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are finance related jobs in Louisiana