There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Louisiana
Approximately 2.1% of graduates in of Louisiana receive forensic nursing degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 2,535 forensic nurses graduate from Louisiana's 24 forensic nursing schools.
The top-ranked school in Louisiana with a forensic nursing program is Louisiana College, which is located in Pineville. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. 22 students graduated with a degree in forensic nursing from Louisiana College in 2010. Tuition at Louisiana College was $13,030 per year.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana with a forensic nursing program is Dillard University, which is located in New Orleans. In 2010, it was ranked 56th nationwide. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Dillard University forensic nursing program. Tuition at Dillard University was $13,880 per year.
Baton Rouge General Medical Center School of Nursing, which was ranked 56th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, 36 students graduated from Baton Rouge General Medical Center School of Nursing forensic nursing program. The tuition rate at Baton Rouge General Medical Center School of Nursing was $9,620 per year.
Forensic nursing schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $6,441 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $31,754 per year, or as little as $2,042 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana forensic nursing schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Loyola University New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $31,754 per year
- Dillard University - located in New Orleans, students are charged $13,880 per year
- Louisiana College - located in Pineville, students are charged $13,030 per year
The following Louisiana forensic nursing schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- L E Fletcher Technical Community College - located in Houma, students are charged $2,042 per year
- Louisiana Delta Community College - located in Monroe, students are charged $2,428 per year
- Baton Rouge Community College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $2,474 per year
A forensic nursing degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
A large number of Louisiana forensic nursing graduates become forensic nurses. In 2010, there were 170 forensic nurses working in Louisiana. The following counties have the largest number of Louisiana forensic nurses:
- Ascension County - 80 forensic nurses
- Bossier County - 60 forensic nurses
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 300 forensic nurses will be working in Louisiana state. This would require the number of forensic nurses to grow by 17%.
On average, forensic nurses earn $0 per year.
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Louisiana
- Certificate in Forensic Nursing in Louisiana
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||3,690||$81,200||-15.2%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||170||n/a||-75.4%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||90||$48,520||28.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Louisiana