There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Louisiana
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Louisiana receive healthcare administration degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 267 healthcare administrators graduate from Louisiana's 15 healthcare administration schools.
The top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a healthcare administration program is Tulane University of Louisiana. Tulane University of Louisiana, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in New Orleans. In 2010, 75 students graduated from Tulane University of Louisiana's healthcare administration program. Tulane University of Louisiana charged in-state students $41,884 in tuition fees per year.
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a healthcare administration program. It is located in Lafayette. In 2010, 2 students graduated from University of Louisiana at Lafayette healthcare administration program. University of Louisiana at Lafayette charged in-state students $4,426 in tuition fees per year.
Unitech Training Academy, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a healthcare administration program. It is located in Lafayette. In 2010, Unitech Training Academy graduated 19 students from its healthcare administration programs. Students at Unitech Training Academy paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Louisiana's healthcare administration schools ranges from $41,884 per year to $2,046 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,753 per year. The Louisiana healthcare administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Career Technical College - located in Monroe, students are charged $13,104 per year
- University of Phoenix-Louisiana Campus - located in Metairie, students are charged $10,200 per year
The following Louisiana healthcare administration schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Nunez Community College - located in Chalmette, students are charged $2,046 per year
- Louisiana State University-Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $4,125 per year
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette - located in Lafayette, students are charged $4,426 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from healthcare administration school in Louisiana go on to work as a healthcare administrator. Louisiana had 3,690 healthcare administrators in 2010. In Louisiana, the largest numbers of healthcare administrators work in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 840 healthcare administrators
- Ascension County - 780 healthcare administrators
- Bossier County - 600 healthcare administrators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of healthcare administrators is expected to grow by 13% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,570 healthcare administrators working in the Louisiana then.
On average, healthcare administrators earn $81,200 per year. In 2010, however, some Louisiana healthcare administrators earned as little as less than $42,850 per year or as much as more than $156,140 per year. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for a healthcare administrator are:
- Jefferson Davis County - $91,870 per year
- Lafourche County - $84,360 per year
- Tangipahoa County - $82,910 per year
A healthcare administrator in the following counties in Louisiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Calcasieu County - $66,000 per year
- Allen County - $71,070 per year
- Ouachita County - $73,640 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in healthcare administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Louisiana
- Doctoral Degree in Healthcare Administration in Louisiana
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Louisiana
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||3,690||$81,200||-15.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Louisiana