There are schools offering hospitality degrees in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Hospitality Programs in Louisiana
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a hospitality program is University of Louisiana at Lafayette. University of Louisiana at Lafayette, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Lafayette. In 2010, University of Louisiana at Lafayette graduated 25 students from its hospitality program. Students at University of Louisiana at Lafayette paid $4,426 per year in tuition fees.
Northwestern State University of Louisiana, which is located in Natchitoches, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a hospitality program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 26 students graduated from Northwestern State University of Louisiana hospitality program. Students at Northwestern State University of Louisiana paid $4,461 per year in tuition fees.
University of New Orleans, which is located in New Orleans, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a hospitality program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 51 students graduated from University of New Orleans hospitality program. Students at University of New Orleans paid $4,759 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Louisiana hospitality school, average tuition will be $3,637 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,488 per year to $4,759 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Louisiana hospitality schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $4,759 per year
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana - located in Natchitoches, students are charged $4,461 per year
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette - located in Lafayette, students are charged $4,426 per year
The hospitality schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Louisiana State University Eunice - located in Eunice, students are charged $2,488 per year
- Southern University at Shreveport - located in Shreveport, students are charged $2,730 per year
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
A hospitality degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
Restaurant manager, sous chef, dietary cook, line cook, and delicatessen cook are the professions of choice for a majority of hospitality graduates in Louisiana. Louisiana had 35,160 hospitality professionals in 2010. 410 of these hospitality professionals were hotel managers, 1,670 were restaurant managers, and 1,720 were sous chefs. The largest populations of Louisiana hospitality professional are working in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 9,770 hospitality professionals
- Ascension County - 6,880 hospitality professionals
- Bossier County - 3,700 hospitality professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of hospitality professionals is expected to grow by 10% by 2018. There are projected to be 46,960 hospitality professionals working in Louisiana then. Of these 46,960 hospitality professionals, the government predicts that 1,070 will be hotel managers, 3,450 will be restaurant managers, and 2,270 will be sous chefs.
hospitality professionals in Louisiana earn $30,004 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Louisiana hospitality professional earned as little as less than $15,320 per year or as much as more than $92,090 per year. Hospitality professionals in the following Louisiana counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Jefferson Davis County - $31,911 per year
- Allen County - $29,655 per year
- Grant County - $29,577 per year
The following counties in Louisiana have the lowest average salaries for hospitality professional:
- Ouachita County - $19,008 per year
- Bienville County - $22,510 per year
- Tangipahoa County - $24,436 per year
On average, the highest paid hospitality professionals in Louisiana were:
- Restaurant Manager - $47,660 per year
- Hotel Manager - $47,590 per year
- Sous Chef - $37,450 per year
The hospitality professionals with lowest average salaries in Louisiana were:
- Delicatessen Cook - $18,140 per year
- Pizza Maker - $17,040 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in hospitality and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as hospitality or culinary.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Hospitality in Louisiana
- Certificate in Hospitality in Louisiana
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,231 miles from location||Delgado Community College||New Orleans||LA||8.24463||n/a||16,758|
|6,345 miles from location||University of Louisiana at Lafayette||Lafayette||LA||30.0932||51%||16,361|
|6,229 miles from location||University of New Orleans||New Orleans||LA||21.9836||58%||11,724|
|6,407 miles from location||Northwestern State University of Louisiana||Natchitoches||LA||24.0928||60%||9,247|
|6,371 miles from location||Louisiana State University Eunice||Eunice||LA||9.89429||n/a||3,332|
|6,448 miles from location||Southern University at Shreveport||Shreveport||LA||12.5744||n/a||3,014|
Curious what studying Hospitality gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Restaurant +||11,040||$22,060||3.1%|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria +||8,210||$20,090||-35.3%|
|Cooks, Fast Food +||7,120||$17,040||-56.1%|
|Cooks, Short Order +||4,990||$18,140||4.8%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks +||1,720||$37,450||-35.6%|
|Food Service Managers +||1,670||$47,660||-32.9%|
|Lodging Managers +||410||$47,590||-22.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hospitality related jobs in Louisiana