There are schools offering HVAC training in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Hvac Programs in Louisiana
American School of Business, which is located in Shreveport, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a HVAC program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 3 students graduated from American School of Business' HVAC program.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a HVAC program is Ayers Career College. Ayers Career College, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Shreveport. In 2010, Ayers Career College graduated 54 students from its HVAC program.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana with a HVAC program is ITI Technical College, which is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. In 2010, ITI Technical College graduated 21 students from its HVAC programs. ITI Technical College charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Hvac schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $1,349 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $2,955 per year, or as little as $1,032 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Louisiana HVAC schools were charged at the following schools:
- Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus - located in Metairie, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Sowela Technical Community College - located in Lake Charles, students are charged $2,307 per year
The HVAC schools in Louisiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
A HVAC certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
A large number of Louisiana HVAC graduates become heating and air conditioning mechanics. If you decide to work as a heating and air conditioning mechanic in Louisiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,410 Louisiana heating and air conditioning mechanics as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Louisiana heating and air conditioning mechanics:
- Jefferson Davis County - 1,120 heating and air conditioning mechanics
- Ascension County - 990 heating and air conditioning mechanics
- Ouachita County - 200 heating and air conditioning mechanics
The government projects that the number of heating and air conditioning mechanics in Louisiana will grow by 5%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,730 heating and air conditioning mechanics working in Louisiana.
On average, a heating and air conditioning mechanic earns a salary of $39,850 per year in Louisiana state. However, this number is only an average. heating and air conditioning mechanics in Louisiana had varying salaries from $19,050 to $70,670 per year in 2010. On average a heating and air conditioning mechanic earns the most in the following Louisiana counties:
- Grant County - $48,070 per year
- Lafourche County - $45,060 per year
- Bossier County - $41,210 per year
A heating and air conditioning mechanic in the following counties in Louisiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bienville County - $33,460 per year
- Ouachita County - $34,090 per year
- Calcasieu County - $35,300 per year
For more data regarding a career in HVAC in Louisiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as plumbing or carpentry, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hvac in Louisiana
- Certificate in Hvac in Louisiana
Curious what studying HVAC gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers||3,410||$39,850||1.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are HVAC related jobs in Louisiana