There are schools offering information systems degrees in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Information Systems Programs in Louisiana
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Louisiana students graduate with degrees in information systems. Thus, Louisiana's 21 information systems schools put out approximately 239 information systems professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Louisiana with a information systems program is Tulane University of Louisiana, which is located in New Orleans. In 2010, it was ranked 18th nationwide. In 2010, 37 students graduated from Tulane University of Louisiana's information systems program. Students at Tulane University of Louisiana paid $41,884 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a information systems program is Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College. Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which was ranked 26th in the country in 2010, is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College graduated 33 students from its information systems program. Students at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College paid $5,764 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana with a information systems program is Dillard University, which is located in New Orleans. In 2010, it was ranked 56th nationwide. Tuition at Dillard University was $13,880 per year.
If you choose to attend a Louisiana information systems school, average tuition will be $9,361 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,174 per year to $41,884 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Louisiana information systems schools were charged at the following schools:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Loyola University New Orleans - located in New Orleans, students are charged $31,754 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Baton Rouge - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $18,048 per year
The following Louisiana information systems schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Bossier Parish Community College - located in Bossier City, students are charged $2,174 per year
- Sowela Technical Community College - located in Lake Charles, students are charged $2,307 per year
- Baton Rouge Community College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $2,474 per year
An information systems degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
The Louisiana counties with the largest populations of information systems professional are:
- Jefferson Davis County - 610 information systems professionals
- Ascension County - 370 information systems professionals
- Lafayette County - 100 information systems professionals
The government projects that the number of information systems professionals in Louisiana will grow by 10%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,530 information systems professionals working in Louisiana.
information systems professionals in Louisiana earn $85,950 per year on average. However, Louisiana information systems professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $35,170 per year to more than $142,660 per year in 2010. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for information systems professionals are:
- Ouachita County - $92,320 per year
- Lafourche County - $90,430 per year
- Jefferson Davis County - $89,880 per year
Information systems professionals in the following counties in Louisiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bienville County - $59,330 per year
- Allen County - $61,590 per year
- Calcasieu County - $69,800 per year
The information systems professionals with highest average salaries in Louisiana were:
- Information Systems Manager - $85,950 per year
On average, the lowest paid information systems professionals in Louisiana were:
- Information Systems Manager - $85,950 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in information systems. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer networking or information technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Information Systems in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Information Systems in Louisiana
- Doctoral Degree in Information Systems in Louisiana
- Certificate in Information Systems in Louisiana
Curious what studying Information Systems gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Computer and Information Systems Managers||1,490||$85,950||-15.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are information systems related jobs in Louisiana