There are schools offering LVN programs in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Louisiana
Around 1.7% of Louisiana's graduates graduate from nursing certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 2,036 licensed vocational nurses graduate from Louisiana's 17 LVN schools each year.
Delta College Inc, which is located in Covington, is the top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 73rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Delta College Inc graduated 76 students from its LVN program.
Compass Career College, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a LVN program. It is located in Hammond. In 2010, Compass Career College graduated 15 students from its LVN program.
Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus, which is located in West Monroe, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus graduated 304 students from its LVN programs. Northeast Louisiana Technical College-Delta Ouachita Campus charged in-state students $1,202 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Louisiana LVN school, average tuition will be $1,740 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,032 per year to $8,664 per year. In 2010, the following Louisiana LVN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Our Lady of the Lake College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $8,664 per year
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Louisiana Delta Community College-Tallulah Campus - located in Tallulah, students are charged $2,428 per year
The following Louisiana LVN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Acadiana Technical College-Lafayette Campus - located in Lafayette, students are charged $1,032 per year
- South Central Louisiana Technical College-Young Memorial Campus - located in Morgan City, students are charged $1,092 per year
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
A LVN certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of LVN graduates in Louisiana pursue careers as a licensed vocational nurse. 22,060 licensed vocational nurses were working in Louisiana in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Louisiana licensed vocational nurses:
- Jefferson Davis County - 4,650 licensed vocational nurses
- Ascension County - 3,620 licensed vocational nurses
- Bossier County - 2,510 licensed vocational nurses
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 21,460 licensed vocational nurses will be working in Louisiana state. This would require the number of licensed vocational nurses to grow by 10%.
A licensed vocational nurse in Louisiana earns $37,830 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Louisiana licensed vocational nurses earned as little as less than $24,610 per year or as much as more than $55,380 per year. The following counties in Louisiana have the highest average salaries for licensed vocational nurses:
- Jefferson Davis County - $41,750 per year
- Calcasieu County - $40,030 per year
- Lafayette County - $39,030 per year
The Louisiana counties with the lowest average salary for licensed vocational nurses are:
- Bienville County - $34,540 per year
- Grant County - $35,040 per year
- Ouachita County - $35,270 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or RN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Louisiana
- Certificate in Nursing in Louisiana
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||22,060||$37,830||13.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in Louisiana