There are schools offering nutrition degrees in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in Louisiana
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a nutrition program is Tulane University of Louisiana. Tulane University of Louisiana, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in New Orleans. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Tulane University of Louisiana's nutrition program. Students at Tulane University of Louisiana paid $41,884 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Louisiana with a nutrition program is Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College, which is located in Baton Rouge. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. In 2010, Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College graduated 42 students from its nutrition program. Students at Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College paid $5,764 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a nutrition program is University of Louisiana at Lafayette. University of Louisiana at Lafayette, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Lafayette. In 2010, 17 students graduated from University of Louisiana at Lafayette nutrition program. Tuition at University of Louisiana at Lafayette was $4,426 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Louisiana's nutrition schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,577 per year, though tuition can range from $41,884 per year to $2,174 per year. The Louisiana nutrition schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Tulane University of Louisiana - located in New Orleans, students are charged $41,884 per year
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $5,764 per year
- Louisiana Tech University - located in Ruston, students are charged $5,545 per year
The nutrition schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Louisiana were:
- Bossier Parish Community College - located in Bossier City, students are charged $2,174 per year
- Delgado Community College - located in New Orleans, students are charged $2,955 per year
- Nicholls State University - located in Thibodaux, students are charged $4,292 per year
A nutrition degree from a Louisiana school... what next?
A large number of Louisiana nutrition graduates become nutritionists. 870 nutritionists were working in Louisiana in 2010. The Louisiana counties with the largest populations of nutritionists are:
- Jefferson Davis County - 190 nutritionists
- Bossier County - 160 nutritionists
- Ascension County - 130 nutritionists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,060 nutritionists will be working in Louisiana state. This would require the number of nutritionists to grow by 8%.
A nutritionist in Louisiana earns $48,780 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Louisiana nutritionists earned as little as less than $18,280 per year or as much as more than $81,850 per year. A nutritionist in the following Louisiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Grant County - $56,200 per year
- Lafourche County - $53,140 per year
- Jefferson Davis County - $52,730 per year
The following counties in Louisiana have the lowest average salaries for nutritionists:
- Bossier County - $37,480 per year
- Calcasieu County - $41,950 per year
- Allen County - $47,790 per year
For more data regarding a career in nutrition in Louisiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in Louisiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in Louisiana
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in Louisiana
- Certificate in Nutrition in Louisiana
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,296 miles from location||Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College||Baton Rouge||LA||73.9386||46%||28,643|
|6,231 miles from location||Delgado Community College||New Orleans||LA||8.24463||n/a||16,758|
|6,345 miles from location||University of Louisiana at Lafayette||Lafayette||LA||30.0932||51%||16,361|
|6,232 miles from location||Tulane University of Louisiana||New Orleans||LA||81.6008||14%||11,464|
|6,379 miles from location||Louisiana Tech University||Ruston||LA||29.6827||51%||11,264|
|6,345 miles from location||Nicholls State University||Thibodaux||LA||24.6015||84%||7,169|
|6,438 miles from location||Bossier Parish Community College||Bossier City||LA||8.24788||n/a||5,430|
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists +||870||$48,780||-11.2%|
|Dietetic Technicians +||380||$25,640||-33.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in Louisiana