There are schools offering phlebotomy certifications in Louisiana!
Schools Offering Phlebotomy Programs in Louisiana
The top-ranked school in Louisiana that has a phlebotomy program is Compass Career College. Compass Career College, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Hammond. In 2010, Compass Career College graduated 3 students from its phlebotomy program.
Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus, which is located in Bogalusa, is the second-ranked school in Louisiana that has a phlebotomy program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus phlebotomy program. Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus charged in-state students $1,176 in tuition fees per year.
Delta School of Business and Technology, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Louisiana that has a phlebotomy program. It is located in Lake Charles. 12 students graduated with certificate in phlebotomy from Delta School of Business and Technology in 2010. Students at Delta School of Business and Technology paid $9,780 per year in tuition fees.
Phlebotomy schools in Louisiana, charge students an average tuition of $2,893 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $9,780 per year, or as little as $1,122 per year. The Louisiana phlebotomy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Delta School of Business and Technology - located in Lake Charles, students are charged $9,780 per year
- Our Lady of the Lake College - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $8,664 per year
- Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus - located in Metairie, students are charged $2,955 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Louisiana phlebotomy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College - located in Minden, students are charged $1,122 per year
- Northshore Technical College-Sullivan Main Campus - located in Bogalusa, students are charged $1,176 per year
- Capital Area Technical College-Baton Rouge Campus - located in Baton Rouge, students are charged $1,182 per year
A phlebotomy certificate from a Louisiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from phlebotomy school in Louisiana go on to work as a phlebotomist. Louisiana had 2,400 phlebotomists in 2010. In Louisiana, the largest numbers of phlebotomists work in the following counties:
- Jefferson Davis County - 740 phlebotomists
- Ascension County - 500 phlebotomists
- Bossier County - 370 phlebotomists
The government projects that the number of phlebotomists in Louisiana will grow by 15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,070 phlebotomists working in Louisiana.
A phlebotomist in Louisiana earns $34,260 per year on average. But, salaries for phlebotomists can vary. In 2010, phlebotomists made as little as less than $18,860 per year or as much as more than $58,740 per year in Louisiana. The counties in Louisiana with the highest average salary for a phlebotomist are:
- Lafayette County - $40,250 per year
- Allen County - $38,330 per year
- Acadia County - $36,170 per year
On average, phlebotomists earns the least in the following Louisiana counties:
- Calcasieu County - $27,800 per year
- Ouachita County - $29,410 per year
- Bossier County - $30,820 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Louisiana statistics regarding a career in phlebotomy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as allied health or phlebotomy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Phlebotomy in Louisiana
Curious what studying Phlebotomy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Louisiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians||2,400||$34,260||-4.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are phlebotomy related jobs in Louisiana