There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Maryland!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Maryland
The top-ranked school in Maryland with a civil engineering program is Johns Hopkins University, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. In 2010, Johns Hopkins University graduated 26 students from its civil engineering program. The tuition rate at Johns Hopkins University was $40,680 per year.
University of Maryland-Baltimore County, which is located in Baltimore, is the second-ranked school in Maryland that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 2 students graduated from University of Maryland-Baltimore County civil engineering program. University of Maryland-Baltimore County charged in-state students $9,171 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Maryland with a civil engineering program is University of Maryland Eastern Shore, which is located in Princess Anne. In 2010, it was ranked 51st nationwide. In 2010, 14 students graduated from University of Maryland Eastern Shore civil engineering program. The tuition rate at University of Maryland Eastern Shore was $6,305 per year.
Civil engineering schools in Maryland, charge students an average tuition of $12,383 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,680 per year, or as little as $2,996 per year. The Maryland civil engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- University of Maryland-Baltimore County - located in Baltimore, students are charged $9,171 per year
- University of Maryland-College Park - located in College Park, students are charged $8,416 per year
The civil engineering schools in Maryland that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- The Community College of Baltimore County - located in Rosedale, students are charged $2,996 per year
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore - located in Princess Anne, students are charged $6,305 per year
- Morgan State University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $6,727 per year
A civil engineering degree from a Maryland school... what next?
Most people who graduate from civil engineering school in Maryland go on to work as a civil engineer. 6,500 civil engineers were working in Maryland in 2010. The Maryland counties with the largest populations of civil engineers are:
- Anne Arundel County - 3,440 civil engineers
- Frederick County - 1,980 civil engineers
- St. Mary's County - 140 civil engineers
The government projects that the number of civil engineers in Maryland will grow by 30%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 9,490 civil engineers working in Maryland.
On average, a civil engineer earns a salary of $88,410 per year in Maryland state. But, salaries for civil engineers can vary. In 2010, civil engineers made as little as less than $44,720 per year or as much as more than $156,250 per year in Maryland. The counties in Maryland with the highest average salary for a civil engineer are:
- St. Mary's County - $99,890 per year
- Frederick County - $98,020 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $84,210 per year
On average, civil engineers earns the least in the following Maryland counties:
- Somerset County - $65,770 per year
- Washington County - $75,800 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $84,210 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in civil engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Maryland
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Maryland
- Certificate in Civil Engineering in Maryland
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||1,720||$50,740||-20.7%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||1,290||$54,950||-15.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Maryland