There are schools offering communications degreess in Maryland!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Maryland
Approximately 1.0% of graduates in of Maryland receive communications degrees every year. Thus, Maryland's 23 communications schools put out approximately 1,378 communications professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Maryland with a communications program is Johns Hopkins University, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 12th nationwide. 46 students graduated with a degree in communications from Johns Hopkins University in 2010. Students at Johns Hopkins University paid $40,680 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Maryland with a communications program is Towson University, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 350 students graduated with degree in communications from Towson University in 2010. Tuition at Towson University was $7,656 per year.
University of Maryland-Baltimore County, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a communications program. It is located in Baltimore. In 2010, 29 students graduated from University of Maryland-Baltimore County communications program. The tuition rate at University of Maryland-Baltimore County was $9,171 per year.
Communications schools in Maryland, charge students an average tuition of $15,784 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,680 per year, or as little as $3,010 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Maryland communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Loyola University Maryland - located in Baltimore, students are charged $39,350 per year
- Goucher College - located in Towson, students are charged $35,142 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Maryland communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Cecil College - located in North East, students are charged $3,010 per year
- Allegany College of Maryland - located in Cumberland, students are charged $3,266 per year
- Prince George's Community College - located in Upper Marlboro, students are charged $3,290 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as advertising or business writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Communications in Maryland
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in Maryland
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||1,760||$64,570||-18.9%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||950||$30,530||-65.7%|
|Writers and Authors||790||$68,540||2.6%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||570||$44,590||-24.0%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||350||$53,120||-52.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Maryland