There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Maryland!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Maryland
Your Favorite Schools
Around 0.1% of Maryland's graduates graduate from graphic design degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 102 graphic designers graduate from Maryland's 9 graphic design schools.
Maryland Institute College of Art, which is located in Baltimore, is the top-ranked school in Maryland that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 66 students graduated from Maryland Institute College of Art's graphic design program. Tuition at Maryland Institute College of Art was $35,690 per year.
The second-ranked school in Maryland with a graphic design program is Frostburg State University, which is located in Frostburg. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. Tuition at Frostburg State University was $6,904 per year.
Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus, which is located in Hagerstown, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 79th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus graduated 15 students from its graphic design programs. Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus charged in-state students $15,103 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Maryland graphic design school, average tuition will be $8,931 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,899 per year to $35,690 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Maryland graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Maryland Institute College of Art - located in Baltimore, students are charged $35,690 per year
- Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $15,103 per year
- Frostburg State University - located in Frostburg, students are charged $6,904 per year
The graphic design schools in Maryland that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Carroll Community College - located in Westminster, students are charged $2,899 per year
- The Community College of Baltimore County - located in Rosedale, students are charged $2,996 per year
- Cecil College - located in North East, students are charged $3,010 per year
A graphic design degree from a Maryland school... what next?
The highest percentage of graphic design graduates in Maryland pursue careers as a graphic designer. In 2010, there were 3,930 graphic designers working in Maryland. The following counties have the largest number of Maryland graphic designers:
- Anne Arundel County - 1,980 graphic designers
- Frederick County - 1,210 graphic designers
- Washington County - 120 graphic designers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of graphic designers is expected to grow by 6% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,470 graphic designers working in the Maryland then.
On average, a graphic designer earns a salary of $52,920 per year in Maryland state. However, this number is only an average. graphic designers in Maryland had varying salaries from $22,150 to $94,490 per year in 2010. The counties in Maryland with the highest average salary for a graphic designer are:
- Frederick County - $61,280 per year
- St. Mary's County - $55,720 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $48,580 per year
The following counties in Maryland have the lowest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Somerset County - $34,350 per year
- Washington County - $42,970 per year
- Caroline County - $45,370 per year
For more data regarding a career in graphic design in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in Maryland
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Maryland
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,526 miles from location||University of Maryland-University College||Hyattsville||MD||12.6602||n/a||37,347|
|5,538 miles from location||Montgomery College||Rockville||MD||13.6352||n/a||26,147|
|5,505 miles from location||The Community College of Baltimore County||Rosedale||MD||11.6769||n/a||23,584|
|5,503 miles from location||Anne Arundel Community College||Arnold||MD||12.0333||n/a||16,741|
|5,637 miles from location||Frostburg State University||Frostburg||MD||58.388||39%||5,385|
|5,533 miles from location||Carroll Community College||Westminster||MD||12.1234||n/a||3,913|
|5,480 miles from location||Cecil College||North East||MD||7.7142||n/a||2,388|
|5,511 miles from location||Maryland Institute College of Art||Baltimore||MD||67.6339||34%||2,084|
|5,573 miles from location||Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus||Hagerstown||MD||21.144||n/a||1,112|
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Graphic Designers +||3,930||$52,920||5.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Maryland