There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Maryland!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Maryland
- Healthcare Administration Programs in New Jersey
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Delaware
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Virginia
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Pennsylvania
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Washington DC
- Healthcare Administration Programs in West Virginia
- See All Schools in Maryland
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Maryland students graduate with degrees in healthcare administration. Thus, Maryland's 12 healthcare administration schools put out approximately 112 healthcare administrators each year.
The top-ranked school in Maryland that has a healthcare administration program is Johns Hopkins University. Johns Hopkins University, which was ranked 12th in the country in 2010, is located in Baltimore. 74 students graduated with a degree in healthcare administration from Johns Hopkins University in 2010. Johns Hopkins University charged in-state students $40,680 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Maryland with a healthcare administration program is Towson University, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, 23 students graduated from Towson University healthcare administration program. Towson University charged in-state students $7,656 in tuition fees per year.
Frostburg State University, which is located in Frostburg, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a healthcare administration program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. 1 students graduated with degree in healthcare administration from Frostburg State University in 2010. Frostburg State University charged in-state students $6,904 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Maryland's healthcare administration schools ranges from $40,680 per year to $2,716 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,390 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Maryland healthcare administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Johns Hopkins University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $40,680 per year
- Washington Adventist University - located in Takoma Park, students are charged $20,180 per year
- University of Phoenix-Maryland Campus - located in Columbia, students are charged $11,880 per year
The healthcare administration schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
- The Community College of Baltimore County - located in Rosedale, students are charged $2,996 per year
- Prince George's Community College - located in Upper Marlboro, students are charged $3,290 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a Maryland school... what next?
A large number of Maryland healthcare administration graduates become healthcare administrators. In 2010, there were 8,340 healthcare administrators working in Maryland. In Maryland, the largest numbers of healthcare administrators work in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 4,600 healthcare administrators
- Frederick County - 2,060 healthcare administrators
- Washington County - 310 healthcare administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of healthcare administrators in the state of Maryland will grow to 8,310. This would require a 13% growth in the profession.
A healthcare administrator in Maryland makes an average of $98,010 per year. But, salaries for healthcare administrators can vary. In 2010, healthcare administrators made as little as less than $36,830 per year or as much as more than $155,490 per year in Maryland. A healthcare administrator in the following Maryland counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Frederick County - $110,400 per year
- Somerset County - $104,520 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $91,300 per year
The Maryland counties with the lowest average salary for healthcare administrators are:
- Caroline County - $65,530 per year
- Allegany County - $72,950 per year
- St. Mary's County - $82,820 per year
For more data regarding a career in healthcare administration in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or health science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Maryland
- Doctoral Degree in Healthcare Administration in Maryland
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Maryland
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,522 miles from location||Strayer University-Maryland||Suitland||MD||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|5,526 miles from location||University of Maryland-University College||Hyattsville||MD||12.6602||n/a||37,347|
|5,505 miles from location||The Community College of Baltimore County||Rosedale||MD||11.6769||n/a||23,584|
|5,512 miles from location||Towson University||Baltimore||MD||72.2527||25%||21,177|
|5,512 miles from location||Johns Hopkins University||Baltimore||MD||88.1701||31%||20,383|
|5,518 miles from location||Prince George's Community College||Upper Marlboro||MD||9.27212||n/a||13,685|
|5,524 miles from location||Howard Community College||Columbia||MD||10.6617||n/a||8,778|
|5,637 miles from location||Frostburg State University||Frostburg||MD||58.388||39%||5,385|
|5,570 miles from location||Hagerstown Community College||Hagerstown||MD||14.2767||n/a||4,452|
|5,510 miles from location||Sojourner-Douglass College||Baltimore||MD||10.8314||n/a||1,294|
|5,528 miles from location||Washington Adventist University||Takoma Park||MD||13.9013||n/a||1,178|
|5,521 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Maryland Campus||Columbia||MD||7.1832||n/a||628|
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers +||8,340||$98,010||38.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Maryland