There are schools offering healthcare management degrees in Maryland!
Schools Offering Healthcare Management Programs in Maryland
Your Favorite Schools
Around 0.1% of Maryland's graduates graduate from healthcare management degree programs every year. Thus, Maryland's 6 healthcare management schools put out approximately 138 healthcare managers each year.
The top-ranked school in Maryland with a healthcare management program is Morgan State University, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. In 2010, no students graduated from Morgan State University's healthcare management program. Morgan State University charged in-state students $6,727 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Maryland that has a healthcare management program is Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus. Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus, which was ranked 79th in the country in 2010, is located in Hagerstown. 26 students graduated with degree in healthcare management from Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus in 2010. Students at Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus paid $15,103 per year in tuition fees.
Coppin State University, which is located in Baltimore, is the third-ranked school in Maryland that has a healthcare management program. It received a ranking of 84th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Coppin State University graduated 5 students from its healthcare management programs. Coppin State University charged in-state students $5,547 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Maryland's healthcare management schools ranges from $20,180 per year to $5,547 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,906 per year. In 2010, the healthcare management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Washington Adventist University - located in Takoma Park, students are charged $20,180 per year
- Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $15,103 per year
- University of Phoenix-Maryland Campus - located in Columbia, students are charged $11,880 per year
The following Maryland healthcare management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Coppin State University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $5,547 per year
- University of Maryland-University College - located in Hyattsville, students are charged $6,000 per year
- Morgan State University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $6,727 per year
A healthcare management degree from a Maryland school... what next?
A large number of Maryland healthcare management graduates become healthcare managers. In 2010, there were 8,340 healthcare managers working in Maryland. The Maryland counties with the largest populations of healthcare managers are:
- Anne Arundel County - 4,600 healthcare managers
- Frederick County - 2,060 healthcare managers
- Washington County - 310 healthcare managers
The government projects that the number of healthcare managers in Maryland will grow by 13%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 8,310 healthcare managers working in Maryland.
On average, a healthcare manager earns a salary of $98,010 per year in Maryland state. However, Maryland healthcare managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $36,830 per year to more than $155,490 per year in 2010. The following counties in Maryland have the highest average salaries for healthcare managers:
- Frederick County - $110,400 per year
- Somerset County - $104,520 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $91,300 per year
The following counties in Maryland have the lowest average salaries for healthcare managers:
- Caroline County - $65,530 per year
- Allegany County - $72,950 per year
- St. Mary's County - $82,820 per year
For more data regarding a career in healthcare management in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as healthcare management or business management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Management in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Management in Maryland
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,526 miles from location||University of Maryland-University College||Hyattsville||MD||12.6602||n/a||37,347|
|5,510 miles from location||Morgan State University||Baltimore||MD||23.7518||35%||7,226|
|5,513 miles from location||Coppin State University||Baltimore||MD||16.2286||28%||3,801|
|5,528 miles from location||Washington Adventist University||Takoma Park||MD||13.9013||n/a||1,178|
|5,573 miles from location||Kaplan University-Hagerstown Campus||Hagerstown||MD||21.144||n/a||1,112|
|5,521 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Maryland Campus||Columbia||MD||7.1832||n/a||628|
Curious what studying Healthcare Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers +||8,340||$98,010||38.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare management related jobs in Maryland