There are schools offering social work degrees in Maryland!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Maryland
University of Maryland-Baltimore County, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Maryland that has a social work program. It is located in Baltimore. In 2010, University of Maryland-Baltimore County graduated 56 students from its social work program. Tuition at University of Maryland-Baltimore County was $9,171 per year.
Salisbury University, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Maryland that has a social work program. It is located in Salisbury. In 2010, 123 students graduated from Salisbury University social work program. Tuition at Salisbury University was $6,908 per year.
The third-ranked school in Maryland with a social work program is Hood College, which is located in Frederick. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. In 2010, 16 students graduated from Hood College social work program. Tuition at Hood College was $29,860 per year.
Social work schools in Maryland, charge students an average tuition of $12,949 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,280 per year, or as little as $5,547 per year. In 2010, the following Maryland social work schools had the highest tuition rates:
- McDaniel College - located in Westminster, students are charged $33,280 per year
- Hood College - located in Frederick, students are charged $29,860 per year
- College of Notre Dame of Maryland - located in Baltimore, students are charged $28,350 per year
The social work schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Coppin State University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $5,547 per year
- Bowie State University - located in Bowie, students are charged $6,154 per year
- Morgan State University - located in Baltimore, students are charged $6,727 per year
A social work degree from a Maryland school... what next?
A large number of Maryland social work graduates become social workers. Maryland had 2,860 social workers in 2010. In Maryland, the largest numbers of social workers work in the following counties:
- Anne Arundel County - 1,850 social workers
- Frederick County - 420 social workers
- Caroline County - 130 social workers
The government projects that the number of social workers in Maryland will grow by 23%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,410 social workers working in Maryland.
On average, a social worker earns a salary of $59,370 per year in Maryland state. In 2010, however, some Maryland social workers earned as little as less than $27,600 per year or as much as more than $99,070 per year. On average a social worker earns the most in the following Maryland counties:
- Frederick County - $62,910 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $59,890 per year
- Somerset County - $55,290 per year
The Maryland counties with the lowest average salary for social workers are:
- Caroline County - $43,770 per year
- Washington County - $53,060 per year
- Allegany County - $53,340 per year
For more data regarding a career in social work in Maryland and to compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Maryland
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Maryland
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Maryland
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||4,240||$49,100||31.7%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||2,860||$59,370||38.8%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||2,100||$47,290||-1.4%|
|Social Workers, All Other||1,040||$60,210||40.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Maryland