There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Maryland!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Maryland
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Maryland receive visual communications degrees every year. That means an estimated 308 visual communications professionals graduate from Maryland's 21 visual communications schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Maryland with a visual communications program is Towson University, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 4 students graduated with a degree in visual communications from Towson University in 2010. Towson University charged in-state students $7,656 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Maryland with a visual communications program is University of Maryland-Baltimore County, which is located in Baltimore. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 1 students graduated with degree in visual communications from University of Maryland-Baltimore County in 2010. University of Maryland-Baltimore County charged in-state students $9,171 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Maryland that has a visual communications program is Maryland Institute College of Art. Maryland Institute College of Art, which was ranked 32nd in the country in 2010, is located in Baltimore. In 2010, 67 students graduated from Maryland Institute College of Art visual communications program. The tuition rate at Maryland Institute College of Art was $35,690 per year.
Tuition at Maryland's visual communications schools ranges from $35,690 per year to $2,204 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,327 per year. In 2010, the visual communications schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Maryland Institute College of Art - located in Baltimore, students are charged $35,690 per year
- Goucher College - located in Towson, students are charged $35,142 per year
- Hood College - located in Frederick, students are charged $29,860 per year
The visual communications schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Maryland were:
- Harford Community College - located in Bel Air, students are charged $2,204 per year
- Hagerstown Community College - located in Hagerstown, students are charged $2,716 per year
- Frederick Community College - located in Frederick, students are charged $2,911 per year
A visual communications degree from a Maryland school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs visual communications graduates in Maryland pursue include video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. If you decide to work as a visual communications professional in Maryland, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,070 Maryland visual communications professional as of 2010. This number includes 3,930 graphic designers, 210 video editors, and 860 audio visual technicians. The following counties have the largest number of Maryland visual communications professionals:
- Anne Arundel County - 2,570 visual communications professionals
- Frederick County - 1,510 visual communications professionals
- Washington County - 120 visual communications professionals
The government projects that the number of visual communications professionals in Maryland will grow by 7%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,830 visual communications professionals working in Maryland. The greatest growth for visual communications professional is predicted to be amongst Audio Visual Technicians, who are expected to increase by 11% by 2018.
On average, visual communications professionals earn $46,350 per year. However, this number is only an average. Visual communications professional in Maryland had varying salaries from $22,150 to $94,490 per year in 2010. Visual communications professionals in the following Maryland counties make the highest salaries on average:
- St. Mary's County - $55,720 per year
- Frederick County - $50,690 per year
- Caroline County - $45,370 per year
The following counties in Maryland have the lowest average salaries for visual communications professional:
- Somerset County - $34,350 per year
- Washington County - $42,970 per year
- Anne Arundel County - $43,923 per year
The visual communications professionals with highest average salaries in Maryland were:
- Graphic Designer - $52,920 per year
- Video Editor - $50,710 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $43,240 per year
On average, the lowest paid visual communications professionals in Maryland were:
- Audio Visual Technician - $43,240 per year
- Artist - $38,530 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Maryland statistics regarding a career in visual communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Maryland
- Doctoral Degree in Visual Communications in Maryland
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Maryland
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Maryland
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||860||$43,240||-47.9%|
|Film and Video Editors||210||$50,710||133.3%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||70||$38,530||-53.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Maryland