There are schools offering business administration degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Massachusetts
Approximately 4.4% of graduates in of Massachusetts receive business administration degrees every year. That means an estimated 9,720 general managers graduate from Massachusetts' 68 business administration schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts with a business administration program is Harvard University, which is located in Cambridge. In 2010, it was ranked 0th nationwide. 18 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Harvard University in 2010. Harvard University charged in-state students $38,415 in tuition fees per year.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which is located in Cambridge, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 9th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Massachusetts Institute of Technology graduated 32 students from its business administration program. Students at Massachusetts Institute of Technology paid $39,212 per year in tuition fees.
Tufts University, which was ranked 9th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a business administration program. It is located in Medford. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Tufts University business administration program. Students at Tufts University paid $41,598 per year in tuition fees.
Business administration schools in Massachusetts, charge students an average tuition of $20,234 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,598 per year, or as little as $3,144 per year. The Massachusetts business administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Tufts University - located in Medford, students are charged $41,598 per year
- Boston College - located in Chestnut Hill, students are charged $40,542 per year
- Brandeis University - located in Waltham, students are charged $40,289 per year
The business administration schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Roxbury Community College - located in Boston, students are charged $3,192 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
A business administration degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of business administration graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as a general manager. In 2010, there were 44,800 general managers working in Massachusetts. The largest populations of Massachusetts general managers are working in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 28,040 general managers
- Middlesex County - 3,920 general managers
- Windham County - 3,770 general managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of general managers in the state of Massachusetts will shrink to 41,980. This would require a -7% decline in the profession.
A general manager in Massachusetts makes an average of $119,110 per year. However, this number is only an average. general managers in Massachusetts had varying salaries from $40,790 to $163,410 per year in 2010. On average a general manager earns the most in the following Massachusetts counties:
- Middlesex County - $136,380 per year
- Windham County - $111,560 per year
- Essex County - $111,333 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for general managers:
- Berkshire County - $86,975 per year
- Franklin County - $87,670 per year
- Worcester County - $95,340 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in business administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Business Administration in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||44,800||$119,110||-2.8%|
|Administrative Services Managers||8,210||$99,660||-0.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Massachusetts