There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Massachusetts
Around 0.6% of Massachusetts's graduates graduate from educational leadership degree programs every year. Thus, Massachusetts' 25 educational leadership schools put out approximately 1,212 educational leadership professonals each year.
The top-ranked school in Massachusetts with a educational leadership program is Boston College, which is located in Chestnut Hill. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. 136 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from Boston College in 2010. Tuition at Boston College was $40,542 per year.
Boston University, which is located in Boston, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Boston University graduated 62 students from its educational leadership program. Boston University charged in-state students $39,864 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a educational leadership program is Northeastern University. Northeastern University, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. Tuition at Northeastern University was $36,792 per year.
Tuition at Massachusetts' educational leadership schools ranges from $40,542 per year to $7,053 per year. But, the average tuition is $21,502 per year. In 2010, the educational leadership schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Boston College - located in Chestnut Hill, students are charged $40,542 per year
- Boston University - located in Boston, students are charged $39,864 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
The educational leadership schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Bridgewater State University - located in Bridgewater, students are charged $7,053 per year
- Framingham State University - located in Framingham, students are charged $7,065 per year
- Worcester State University - located in Worcester, students are charged $7,155 per year
An educational leadership degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
educational leadership graduates in Massachusetts can go into a variety of professions such as preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. Massachusetts had 15,440 educational leadership professonals in 2010. 6,270 of these educational leadership professonals were middle school principals, 1,940 were preschool directors, and 6,400 were deans. The following counties have the largest number of Massachusetts educational leadership professonals:
- Bristol County - 8,690 educational leadership professonals
- Hartford County - 1,430 educational leadership professonals
- Windham County - 1,230 educational leadership professonals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of educational leadership professonals is expected to grow by 5% by 2018. There are projected to be 17,590 educational leadership professonals working in Massachusetts then. Of these 17,590 educational leadership professonals, the government predicts that 7,060 will be middle school principals, 2,270 will be preschool directors, and 7,230 will be deans.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn $85,390 per year. In 2010, however, some Massachusetts educational leadership professonal earned as little as less than $30,190 per year or as much as more than $165,060 per year. The following counties in Massachusetts have the highest average salaries for educational leadership professonals:
- Worcester County - $101,570 per year
- Barnstable County - $100,025 per year
- Franklin County - $94,808 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for educational leadership professonal:
- Essex County - $75,310 per year
- Middlesex County - $78,380 per year
- Windham County - $80,710 per year
On average, the highest paid educational leadership professonals in Massachusetts were:
- Dean - $104,810 per year
- Middle School Principal - $94,330 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $84,330 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Massachusetts were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $84,330 per year
- Preschool Director - $58,090 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in educational leadership. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Educational Leadership in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||6,400||$104,810||14.7%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||6,270||$94,330||17.2%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||1,940||$58,090||-23.0%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||830||$84,330||-47.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Massachusetts