There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Massachusetts students graduate with degrees in electrical engineering. That means an estimated 184 electrical engineers graduate from Massachusetts' 13 electrical engineering schools each year.
Northeastern University, which is located in Boston, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. 12 students graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from Northeastern University in 2010. Northeastern University charged in-state students $36,792 in tuition fees per year.
Wentworth Institute of Technology, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Boston. In 2010, Wentworth Institute of Technology graduated 34 students from its electrical engineering program. Wentworth Institute of Technology charged in-state students $23,845 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a electrical engineering program is Suffolk University. Suffolk University, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. Suffolk University charged in-state students $28,526 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Massachusetts' electrical engineering schools ranges from $36,792 per year to $3,384 per year. But, the average tuition is $13,387 per year. In 2010, the electrical engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- Suffolk University - located in Boston, students are charged $28,526 per year
- Wentworth Institute of Technology - located in Boston, students are charged $23,845 per year
The following Massachusetts electrical engineering schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Massasoit Community College - located in Brockton, students are charged $3,720 per year
- Middlesex Community College - located in Bedford, students are charged $3,890 per year
An electrical engineering degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
A large number of Massachusetts electrical engineering graduates become electrical engineers. In 2010, there were 7,700 electrical engineers working in Massachusetts. The following counties have the largest number of Massachusetts electrical engineers:
- Bristol County - 4,690 electrical engineers
- Middlesex County - 1,500 electrical engineers
- Hartford County - 390 electrical engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of electrical engineers is expected to shrink by -7% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,480 electrical engineers working in the Massachusetts then.
An electrical engineer in Massachusetts makes an average of $103,350 per year. However, this number is only an average. electrical engineers in Massachusetts had varying salaries from $43,320 to $150,450 per year in 2010. The counties in Massachusetts with the highest average salary for an electrical engineer are:
- Middlesex County - $103,750 per year
- Windham County - $100,000 per year
- Barnstable County - $99,990 per year
An electrical engineer in the following counties in Massachusetts make the lowest salaries on average:
- Worcester County - $78,480 per year
- Essex County - $88,497 per year
- Hartford County - $90,620 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||6,960||$56,230||7.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Massachusetts