There are schools offering EMT training in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Massachusetts
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, approximately 0.0% of Massachusetts graduates receive certificates in emergency medical training. Thus, Massachusetts' 7 EMT schools put out approximately 74 emergency medical technicians each year.
Northeastern University, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a EMT program. It is located in Boston. 1 students graduated with a certificate in EMT from Northeastern University in 2010. Students at Northeastern University paid $36,792 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a EMT program is Springfield College. Springfield College, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Springfield. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Springfield College EMT program. Tuition at Springfield College was $28,585 per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts with a EMT program is Massachusetts Bay Community College, which is located in Wellesley Hills. In 2010, it was ranked 87th nationwide. In 2010, Massachusetts Bay Community College graduated 6 students from its EMT programs. The tuition rate at Massachusetts Bay Community College was $3,624 per year.
If you choose to attend a Massachusetts EMT school, average tuition will be $12,079 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,384 per year to $36,792 per year. The Massachusetts EMT schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- Springfield College - located in Springfield, students are charged $28,585 per year
- Greenfield Community College - located in Greenfield, students are charged $4,310 per year
The following Massachusetts EMT schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Northern Essex Community College - located in Haverhill, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Massachusetts Bay Community College - located in Wellesley Hills, students are charged $3,624 per year
- Cape Cod Community College - located in West Barnstable, students are charged $3,624 per year
An EMT certificate from a Massachusetts school... what next?
Most people who graduate from EMT school in Massachusetts go on to work as an emergency medical technician. 6,190 emergency medical technicians were working in Massachusetts in 2010. The largest populations of Massachusetts emergency medical technicians are working in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 3,300 emergency medical technicians
- Windham County - 650 emergency medical technicians
- Hartford County - 430 emergency medical technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of emergency medical technicians is expected to grow by 3% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,600 emergency medical technicians working in the Massachusetts then.
An emergency medical technician in Massachusetts makes an average of $36,940 per year. However, Massachusetts emergency medical technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $23,160 per year to more than $68,990 per year in 2010. The following counties in Massachusetts have the highest average salaries for emergency medical technicians:
- Barnstable County - $45,380 per year
- Essex County - $41,140 per year
- Windham County - $37,910 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for emergency medical technicians:
- Franklin County - $35,330 per year
- Middlesex County - $35,525 per year
- Hartford County - $36,730 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Massachusetts
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,266 miles from location||Northeastern University||Boston||MA||82.4476||20%||27,537|
|5,301 miles from location||Quinsigamond Community College||Worcester||MA||10.7274||n/a||8,349|
|5,271 miles from location||Northern Essex Community College||Haverhill||MA||9.60858||n/a||7,385|
|5,274 miles from location||Massachusetts Bay Community College||Wellesley Hills||MA||13.4837||n/a||5,456|
|5,336 miles from location||Springfield College||Springfield||MA||31.5966||35%||5,107|
|5,218 miles from location||Cape Cod Community College||West Barnstable||MA||8.73914||n/a||4,657|
|5,347 miles from location||Greenfield Community College||Greenfield||MA||10.9609||n/a||2,546|
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics +||6,190||$36,940||21.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Massachusetts