There are schools offering fashion merchandising degrees in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Fashion Merchandising Programs in Massachusetts
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Massachusetts graduates receive degrees in fashion merchandising. Thus, Massachusetts' 10 fashion merchandising schools put out approximately 140 fashion merchandisers each year.
Lasell College, which is located in Auburndale, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a fashion merchandising program. It received a ranking of 46th in the country in 2010. 47 students graduated with a degree in fashion merchandising from Lasell College in 2010. The tuition rate at Lasell College was $26,000 per year.
Mount Ida College, which was ranked 54th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a fashion merchandising program. It is located in Newton Center. 22 students graduated with degree in fashion merchandising from Mount Ida College in 2010. Tuition at Mount Ida College was $24,500 per year.
The third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a fashion merchandising program is Bay State College. Bay State College, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Boston. In 2010, Bay State College graduated 35 students from its fashion merchandising programs. Bay State College charged in-state students $17,129 in tuition fees per year.
Fashion merchandising schools in Massachusetts, charge students an average tuition of $15,513 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,000 per year, or as little as $3,578 per year. The Massachusetts fashion merchandising schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Lasell College - located in Auburndale, students are charged $26,000 per year
- Newbury College-Brookline - located in Brookline, students are charged $25,100 per year
- Fisher College - located in Boston, students are charged $24,600 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Massachusetts fashion merchandising schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bristol Community College - located in Fall River, students are charged $3,578 per year
- Massasoit Community College - located in Brockton, students are charged $3,720 per year
- Middlesex Community College - located in Bedford, students are charged $3,890 per year
A fashion merchandising degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
The highest percentage of fashion merchandising graduates in Massachusetts pursue careers as a fashion merchandiser. In 2010, there were 2,110 fashion merchandisers working in Massachusetts. The largest populations of Massachusetts fashion merchandisers are working in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 1,290 fashion merchandisers
- Middlesex County - 310 fashion merchandisers
- Hartford County - 210 fashion merchandisers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of fashion merchandisers in the state of Massachusetts will shrink to 2,100. This would require a -3% decline in the profession.
On average, a fashion merchandiser earns a salary of $109,190 per year in Massachusetts state. But, salaries for fashion merchandisers can vary. In 2010, fashion merchandisers made as little as less than $45,280 per year or as much as more than $165,770 per year in Massachusetts. A fashion merchandiser in the following Massachusetts counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Middlesex County - $112,130 per year
- Bristol County - $105,587 per year
- Essex County - $94,873 per year
The following counties in Massachusetts have the lowest average salaries for fashion merchandisers:
- Hartford County - $83,000 per year
- Windham County - $90,910 per year
- Essex County - $94,873 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in fashion merchandising. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Fashion Merchandising in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Fashion Merchandising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers||35,180||$55,610||19.7%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||6,540||$67,970||-12.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion merchandising related jobs in Massachusetts