There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Massachusetts!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Massachusetts
Boston College, which is located in Chestnut Hill, is the top-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a forensic nursing program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. 107 students graduated with a degree in forensic nursing from Boston College in 2010. Students at Boston College paid $40,542 per year in tuition fees.
Northeastern University, which is located in Boston, is the second-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a forensic nursing program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. 180 students graduated with degree in forensic nursing from Northeastern University in 2010. The tuition rate at Northeastern University was $36,792 per year.
College of Our Lady of the Elms, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Massachusetts that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Chicopee. In 2010, 110 students graduated from College of Our Lady of the Elms forensic nursing program. College of Our Lady of the Elms charged in-state students $27,157 in tuition fees per year.
Forensic nursing schools in Massachusetts, charge students an average tuition of $13,516 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,542 per year, or as little as $3,144 per year. In 2010, the forensic nursing schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Massachusetts were:
- Boston College - located in Chestnut Hill, students are charged $40,542 per year
- Northeastern University - located in Boston, students are charged $36,792 per year
- Simmons College - located in Boston, students are charged $32,230 per year
The following Massachusetts forensic nursing schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Bunker Hill Community College - located in Charlestown, students are charged $3,144 per year
- Roxbury Community College - located in Boston, students are charged $3,192 per year
- Holyoke Community College - located in Holyoke, students are charged $3,276 per year
A forensic nursing degree from a Massachusetts school... what next?
A large number of Massachusetts forensic nursing graduates become forensic nurses. Massachusetts had 1,440 forensic nurses in 2010. In Massachusetts, the largest numbers of forensic nurses work in the following counties:
- Bristol County - 1,300 forensic nurses
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,070 forensic nurses will be working in Massachusetts state. This would require the number of forensic nurses to grow by 7%.
A forensic nurse in Massachusetts makes an average of $70,630 per year. In 2010, however, some Massachusetts forensic nurses earned as little as less than $24,760 per year or as much as more than $125,200 per year. The following counties in Massachusetts have the highest average salaries for forensic nurses:
- Bristol County - $67,300 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Massachusetts statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Massachusetts
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Massachusetts
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Massachusetts
- Doctoral Degree in Forensic Nursing in Massachusetts
- Certificate in Forensic Nursing in Massachusetts
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Massachusetts
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||8,910||$112,670||28.4%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||1,440||$70,630||-40.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Massachusetts